Friday, April 11, 2014

Beginning The Last Chapter Of Our Homeschool Journey



 My daughter received her beautiful class ring today. As we beginning the last chapter of our homeschool journey, we are both excited about the months to come.  With God's grace I pray that we will have a special year filled with precious memories.  It is going to be a full schedule  beginning with a national standardized test next week, a driver's education test in 19 days, a piano recital in May, taking the ACT in June, and continuing homeschool studies throughout the Summer.  From now until next May,  we are going to be moving along at full blast!   However, we will make time for special trips and events. It is never too early to start planning, so we are gathering ideas for her graduation party, pictures, announcements, and more.  God has blessed our family so richly throughout our many special homeschool years, and we give Him all the glory.  It is a special time to  look back at the best of times, smile about the "not so good" times, and ask God to lead us into the next chapter.  I am sure there will be much to blog about!

13 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought of a class ring for my daughter. I want to do it!
    My Emily (teenforthelord.blogspot.com) is graduating in 2 years.

    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I ordered her ring from Jostens. They did a great job on it. Enjoy the next two years. Homeschooling has been such a blessing! God bless your family!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I'll check into it!

      Delete
  2. Ahh!! This was hard for me to read as I will miss homeschooling my daughter... We just have 4 more years left and I pray they are fruitful... Thank you for sharing and reminding me that graduation will come one day and there will be joy in that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a joyous time for our family, but I will miss all those years dearly. It seems like only yesterday we were ordering Kindergarten books. I am very proud though. God bless you and your family. Thanks for visiting my blog. Come back often!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing with us here at "Tell Me a Story." Your daughter's ring is lovely and it is a very nice keep sake to remember home school. There are many on line college classes available even Liberty college may have some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have my class ring. No longer fits, but I love the memories it evokes! Wishing your daughter a wonderful journey! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jann! I pray that she will have a wonderful journey!
      God Bless,Chris

      Delete
  5. I homeschooled our children for more than 25 years and I miss those years yet I am enjoying my new journey in life. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm already missing the years that have went by. I'm ready for this new chapter in my life...I think.

      Delete
  6. How exciting for your daughter! We are getting a head start and beginning next year's curriculum and she's only in 3rd grade. I'm sure it's a bittersweet feeling to see the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is bittersweet, but we're ready. Enjoy your 3rd grader. Those are the years when homeschool can be such fun. Check out the Prairie Primer if your daughter likes Little House on the Prairie books or movies. It's a fun unit study.

      Delete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...