Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Shabby Chic Room

This is what I have accomplished so far in my Shabby room. Enjoy!


 This is a wood serving tray that I sprayed white.  I found a placemat for $1 at Fred's.


 This birdcage was a bargain for $9.99 at the Goodwill store.





Painted the table and chairs and placed a lace runner under the glass top. 


 Using some old boards, I made a bed frame to fit a twin mattress.  At our local hardware store, I purchased rope and hardware to hang the bed from the ceiling. 



I love the bedding and pillows! The white pillow came from Walmart and the small pillow on the right was another great find at a Goodwill store. 



Another look at my birdcage. The curtains are actually panels that I used across instead of hanging them vertical. 




 I love the birds!



Found this tray at....you guessed it, Goodwill!






 These little blue birds came from Fred's.






Found my kitty at a yard sale! 




I love teapots!


 Here's that beautiful pillow again!



It's easier to hang by nailing to the wood.  Using this fabric lace makes it look even prettier!









I can't wait to find more pretty things to add to my room!   

13 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty things :) I love shabby chic style and your decorations are so beautiful! Saw your link at Wise woman link up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  2. What a great job or re-purposing things you found inexpensively and creating a shabby/chic room. I know you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate your comment. I am enjoying it. I find stuff here and there to add to my room. I will have to post more pictures later.

      Delete
  3. What a pretty room! I am sure it is as fun sipping tea in it as it is decorating it! I love the Goodwill deals as that is my favorite store ever :) Thanks for sharing your wonderful variety of posts this week at the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, thanks for letting me share my posts. I am new to blogging, and I am loving it. I can't wait to find out how to do more things like letting people link up on my blog. Well like I said, I'm new at it so it will probably take a while. I do enjoy your blog! Thanks for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have truly made this a wonderful room, its so feminine. I love how you draped the curtains and all the nick knacks are great too.

    Thank you for stopping by this week, enjoy your room and the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karren. I appreciate your sweet comment. Enjoy your day too.
      God bless,
      Chris

      Delete
  6. What can I say but love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shirl for your lovely comment!
      Chris

      Delete
    2. Hi again, Shirl. I just saw the post about canning pineapples on my blog link-up. Thank you for posting! I wanted to comment on your pineapple post but I didn't see a comment button after the article. I did enjoy your post. I will have to try this with pineapple.
      Chris

      Delete
  7. Beautiful room! Right up my alley. Don't think I would ever want to leave. lol! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment, Jann! Thanks for letting me share!

      Delete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...