Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Homemade Bread & A Week Full Of Turkey


Tonight I baked some wonderful sandwich bread!  
I love how the kitchen smells when fresh bread is baking!
See the recipe here.


Tonight for supper 
I cooked
Fried Chicken
Fresh Corn On The Cob
Cornbread Salad
&
Apple Pie

Cornbread Salad Recipe:
(Not my picture.)
1 box Jiffy Cornbread
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 pouch of Original Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
1 can black beans
1 jar pimientos
crumbled fried bacon
(you can add a can of whole kernel corn, onions, tomatoes, avocado, cheese,  or anything else you like)

Bake cornbread.
Crumble and layer half of the cornbread in bottom of casserole dish.
Add black beans, pimientos, bacon, etc.
Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and ranch packet.
Add creamy mixture on top of the first layer.
Repeat another layer.
It's delicious!
I'm up late tonight because a turkey is in the oven!  I have a busy day tomorrow.  I will be cleaning my aunt's house and taking Lea to piano lessons, so I wont have time to bake a turkey then.

My weekly menu:
(Great ways to use leftover turkey)
  • Turkey and Dressing with Cranberry Salad (Whole Cranberry Sauce, Mandarin Oranges, and Pecans)
  • Turkey Salad with Grapes/ Pita Bread
  • Turkey and Wild Rice Soup with a loaf of Multi-Grain Fresh Baked Bread (Like at the Longhorn Steakhouse.)
  • Turkey Pot Pie
  • and turkey sandwiches for my husband's lunch a couple days.
It is a very big turkey! It's almost done, and I am so sleepy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...