Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tuesday Morning Prayer Brunch

 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another...1 Thessalonians 5:11

An open door, a hug, coffee brewing, something cooking in the oven . . . Christian hospitality is all of this---and more. 

This morning I hosted a prayer brunch for a neighbor (a new friend).  Being new to the area, I wanted to get to know some of the people better.  Walking by our house, she admired my chickens, so we began giving her eggs.  She wants to repay us by giving us blueberries when they are ripe.  Yummy, we love blueberries!   We had a brief conversation one afternoon, and I told her that I was going to have to invite her over.  This morning I cooked two very delicious quiches, and she came over.  My daughter, she, and I had a lovely time talking and getting better acquainted.  Before she left,  we joined hands and prayed together for some special needs.  It was a very nice visit.  The sweet Holy Spirit filled the room. I hope to invite other women in the area who may be home on Tuesday mornings to come and join us for another prayer brunch. 
It reminds me of a different era like Little House on the Prairie days. People use to take time to visit.  Now days people are living at the speed of the world.   Most socializing is through social media, which is an illusion.  It's nice to sit together, share a meal, talk about family, talk about the Lord, and pray together. 
 This past Sunday, we visited a new church nearby, and many people from the area attend services there. Everyone was so friendly at this small church, and I am very excited about becoming acquainted with everyone there and those who live nearby.  I met the wife of my husband's friend who lives just down the road, and she wants us to come over one evening for supper.  Her husband stops by some evenings and talks with my husband while he is working on the chicken barn. He plants a community garden, some sort of peas,  and he has told us that he wants us to get some as soon as they are ready.  There is also an older woman who has stopped by to introduce herself.  We have also given her chicken eggs. I hope she will join the prayer brunch some Tuesday mornings.
It feels good to give, to be hospitable, and to be received by welcoming neighbors as well. 

Here is my quiche recipe.

I didn't measure , but this is roughly what I used.
8 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup can milk
1 cup Buisquick
2 tablespoons butter
salt/pepper
frozen broccoli florets (as many as you want)
crumbled bacon (as much as you like)
shredded cheese (as much as you like)

I buttered the dishes.
I beat 8 eggs together.
I added the milk, butter, salt and pepper,  and beat some more by hand.
Because I didn't know what my guest would prefer, I used a few broccoli florets and bacon in one dish
and only bacon in the other.
I topped with cheese and pressed the cheese underneath the egg mixture.
I baked at 400 until it was toasty and the center felt firm.


 Serve with love and enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture of hospitality and fellowship, I love your vision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would call it God's vision though. The Bible does say ".....seek to show hospitality."- Romans 12:13 I do love doing for others and having time to visit and pray together. God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful blog, from the lovely women, in a lovely setting and being served what looks like an amazing Quiche. This is what dreams are made of.


    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...