Monday, June 16, 2014

Blueberry Crumb Bars


First I started with fresh picked blueberries!


For this recipe you will need:

1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup shortening
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch of ground cinnamon

4 cups of fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons cornstarch
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder.  Mix in salt and cinnamon, if desired.  Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the shortening and egg.  Dough will be crumbly.  Pat half of the dough into the prepared pan.
In another bowl, stir together 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tsp. of cornstarch.  Gently mix in the blueberries.  Sprinkle the blueberry evenly over the crust.  Crumble remaining dough over the berry layer.
Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or until top is slightly brown.  Cool completely before cutting into squares.
ENJOY!



15 comments:

  1. Well, I just happen to have blueberries in my fridge. :-) These look amazing. I'm all over anything blueberry. ~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love them! I've eaten like 4 or 5 today. I may not bake anymore because I can't stop eating them!
      God bless,
      Chris

      Delete
  2. My youngest son loves blueberries and these look SO good. I'm definitely going to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I think you will both love them. There is only one left that I saved for my husband. heehee. I ate most of them myself! I wont fix another batch for a while because I can't control myself. hahaha
      Chris

      Delete
  3. I'm visiting from Word Filled Wednesday link up. These look delicious! I love anything blueberry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Visit me often:)
      God bless,
      Chris

      Delete
  4. Ohhhh..............YUM!!! This looks delish! And I LOVE blueberries! lol <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia! If you love blueberries, you need to bake some.
      God bless,
      Chris

      Delete
  5. These look delicious!! I wish I had some blueberries right now!! I am pinning this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would probable be just as good with frozen blueberries. It was so yummy! Thanks for visiting my blog!
      God bless,
      Chris

      Delete
  6. Oh YUM! I love blueberries Chris, and this recipe looks wonderful. I must admit I'm a little envious that you are able to pick them yourself. Does that make you a Michigander? I grew up there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fresh blueberries were delicious, but they were good ole Georgia blueberries. I live in Georgia:) Thanks for visiting my blog!!
    God bless,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, to pick fresh blueberries! What a blessing! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a blessing because a friend who lives next door let me pick them. They were delicious!
      Thanks for your sweet comment.
      Chris

      Delete
  9. These look delicious! Thank you so much for joining Grace at Home--I featured you this week!

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...