Monday, July 14, 2014

Chickens' Get A Dust Bath, Umbrella, And A Hanging Salad Basket

Yes, they are getting spoiled!

 Today I fixed the dust bath for my chickens.  I still have to add some diatomaceous earth and wood ash to the dust bath, but I got a good start on the project today.
An umbrella will help add needed shade. 
 It is so hot here in Georgia!




 

 I also added a hanging "salad basket" in the chicken yard.  All I had to put in it today was a head of Iceberg Lettuce, but they all enjoyed it!

  The chickens were just as curious as our little kitty, Cali.

 The chicken barn also got a good cleaning today.


Happy Chicks!

8 comments:

  1. How lovely! Your chickens do look so happy:). We have three chickens -- one mean rooster called Mr Darcy and his two pretty hens...I can't wait to get more, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment. I love your rooster's name, Mr Darcy.
      Have a blessed day!
      Chris

      Delete
  2. Growing up we had chickens and they were so much fun and of course they gave us nice brown eggs. The droppings are excellent when allowed to dry for a time - and eventually used in your garden. Just saying. Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.” At: http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do use their droppings. Thanks for hosting the link up.
      God bless

      Delete
  3. Your chickens must give you golden eggs from all the lovely care :) Thanks for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, a golden-brown. Haha
      It is very fun to have chickens. I am glad you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  4. They look quite content. I like the idea of your hanging salad basket! Thank you for sharing your outdoor post on this week's Maple Hill Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comment and for hosting the Hop.
      God bless.

      Delete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...