Monday, July 7, 2014

New Additions To The Flock


These ten little cute Buffs are my "Freedom Chicks" because they hatched on July 2nd. 


 Saturday I went to a sale at the stockyard, and I got a few hens.
 I had fun naming them!

Here are my two new Barred Rock hens. 







 They seem to like their new home. 
Their names are...
 Vivien after Vivien Leigh
 and
 Olivia after Olivia de Havilland.












I couldn't pass up this Golden Lace Cochin.

I named her
 Mrs. Fairfax,
 played by Joan Plowright in Jane Eyre. 









 Sassafras is growing, and it wont be long before she is living in the chicken barn.

 Hello from Minnie May!
-

4 comments:

  1. I love how you name your chickens 'after' someone ... we name our pets after our favourite book characters! It's a lot of fun, sometimes I would like to get more pets just because I've got great names picked! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...thanks Elisha. My other chickens are all named after herbs and spices. It's just something fun to do.
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. How fun to name them after characters. I especially like Olivia since she had such a character of gold in Gone with the Wind. Oh... to be like her! :) Thanks for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JES. I was just thinking about how the actresses would have felt knowing that a chicken was named after them. This has given me a good laugh.
      God bless.

      Delete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...