Monday, August 18, 2014

Blessed To Be A Homemaker




What a blessing it is to be a homemaker and a mother.
Many women have let feminist ideals rob them of their God-given purpose. All homemakers have probably heard other women say, "Well, I can't stay at home. I have to work." Many people don't like to admit that housework is indeed work. For me, however, it is a labor of love. Here is an example of how I spend my day sitting around "doing nothing". 
Early this morning, I mowed the lawn. Most of it I mowed with the riding mower, but I had to use the push mower in several places. 
Next, I cleaned the chicken barn and fed & watered the chickens.
After that, I started laundry. I love to hang my clothes out on the line. Our electrical bill hasn't scared us once this Summer. In fact, it has been surprisingly low. 



In actuality, it pays to be a homemaker if you're thrifty.
I'm not running my gas out every day. Although I don't have small children anymore, I never had to pay expensive daycare.   It's sad that women have babies and give them to another to take care of for the majority of their life.  I love living counter-cultural !  I love that I had my children with me as they were growing up.  However, I did work as a laboratory technician off and on, but mainly on weekends.  It was never right for me, and I knew it wasn't in God's will for my life.  In fact, all "hell" broke out in our family life when I up and decided, without asking God or my husband, to go back to school and work.  I use the term "hell" literally because Satan tried all he could to destroy us.  I am happy to say that God protected me and my family through that difficult time.  We have a strong family now and my husband is now our spiritual leader.  Praise God!
So, why did I do it in the first place?  I am not sure.  Maybe it was a trail we had to go through that made us stronger.  Maybe I, like many women, thought I need to prove my worth by furthering my education and earning a big paycheck. All I know is,
it was the most miserable time in my life!

  Looking back on the years of raising and homeschooling my children, there are many things I wish I could have done differently, but I did all that I knew to do at the time.  I am still extremely thankful for those precious moments. 
Here is a sermon by Pastor Adrian Rogers.  If you have time, I would strongly suggest viewing this video. 


I have written another post, A Great Work At Home.
that you may enjoy.


Young women today are being attacked by a feministic society.  What use to be common is now freakishly uncommon for women.
 I was talking to a lady who just finished homeschooling her daughter.  We were talking about college or technical school admission requirements when she told me that her daughter just felt pressured into giving people an answer to their questions, "What are you going to do now?  Are you going to college?" She told me that her daughter enjoyed keeping children and wanted to someday get married, keep house, and raise her own children, but she felt like her own God-given desire would be looked down upon because it differed substantially from those of mainstream society. 

This country is in a mess!  Ever since God created male and female, Satan has been trying to blur the distinction between the sexes. There is equality of male and female worth in the eyes of God, but they were created differently and with different roles! 
Here is another great sermon from Pastor Adrian Rogers. He addresses issues about women being at home.


This will be my daughters last year of homeschooling.  She is interested in fashion and make-up.  She has mentioned taking classes at our local technical college for cosmetology.  I am praying about this.  She says that she is interested in working in this field until she gets married and has children.  I pray that she will hold strong to her beliefs about being an at-home mother and homeschooling her children if the Lord wills.  I will not cease to pray about this. If needed, she could base this type of work in her home around her own schedule.  I have found a course that she is excited about at the Visionary Daughters website.  It is Reclaiming Beauty a Study Course by Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin.  I am thankful that my daughter agrees and understands the importance of mothers taking care of their own kids and their home. Her father and I are praying for her future.  If the Lord tarries and if it is in His will for her to become a wife and mother, we are praying for God's choice in everything.
Well, I have some laundry that needs to be taken in off the line and more that needs to be hung out.  I have some cleaning to do in the house.  Lea's studies need checking, and I have to prepare a delicious supper for my sweet family that God has bless me with.
Have a blessed day, Dear Readers!

If you liked this post, please consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Just click on the tiny icons below the post. Thanks!

32 comments:

  1. I could not have said it better myself! I too love my God given role and try and show younger women to embrace their role when ever they can! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy. I appreciate your supportive comment. I pray that more younger ladies will be influenced by older Christian women. God bless.

      Delete
  2. Although I worked part-time up until recently, I can say that holding on to that corporate position also wreaked havoc on my family. Being a homeschooling mother and homemaker is a full-time job, and I am grateful for the opportunity to now give it the value it deserves. Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that my post encouraged you. Mothers aren't encouraged to stay home anymore. It is the most noble calling for a woman.
      God bless.

      Delete
  3. I couldn't agree more chris. I write for a money saving website, and this is my own mantra. I'll be sure to visit your lovely blog often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment. I am glad that you liked my post and that you plan on visiting often.
      God bless.

      Delete
  4. I went to university 25 years ago and it seemed like getting married and having babies was considered a lowly choice. One of my female professors asked me how I envisioned my future and I said,"Not sure. Maybe an entrepreneur or maybe a mother of six." She sneered at the mothering idea. That's okay, I didn't find her very smart anyways. Apparently God had another purpose for me because I never married or had kids, but I sure do admire women who dedicate their lives to mothering. Its the most important job on earth. Michelle McKinney Hammond said she doesn't know anything about Gandhi's mother or Hitler's mother but she'd sure be curious to see the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely and supportive comment. I hope you visit my blog often.
      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful post! I just found you this morning through Tracy at Our Simple Life. SO glad I came to visit! Will be back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad! I love new friends on my blog. Visit me often. God bless.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed this post very much. It is hard to raise daughters these days.. So much pulling at them but with much prayer we know God will grant us the wisdom (James 1:5). Thank you for sharing this week at the Art of Home-Making Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JES. I am passionate about mothers being at home and daughters being taught to love the Lord and care for their family. God does grant us the strength and wisdom if we "seek" it. What a blessing and most important work we have as wives and mothers. God bless.

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed reading this post. Thank you for sharing it. My prayers are with you and your family. I know how hard it is when our daughters grow up. My daughter is able now to work only part time and raise her son alone. She is Blessed to be able to homeschool this year for 1st grade. God has answered many prayers for us. Thanks again for sharing your heart. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad your daughter is able to homeschool. I hope she will always be able to. It must be so hard doing it alone, but it sounds like she has her parents support. Tell her to stick in there. They say the first three years are the true test. A lot of mothers have doubts and fears during that time. Finding a support/fellowship group with seasoned homeschool moms can be a big help. God will enable her in ALL ways. Just keep praying. I will remember her in my prayers as well. God bless.

      Delete
  8. I have a degree in Psychology and am a certified K-8 teacher, but I have been a SAHM and homemaker for the last 10 years. It is what I am SUPPOSED to be doing. I am so very blessed in this role! I'm an outside line-drier too! LOL I especially enjoyed Pastor Adrian's 5 Ways to be a Successful Husband. Thanks for sharing! I have enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Jessy. Matthew 16:26 says- For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? It makes me think about it this way....For what shall a mother profit if she gain the whole world and loses her family. Satan wants to get the mother out of the home. He wants to take away the "corner stones" or "pillars" Webster's 1828 dictionary defines pillars as a supporter; that which sustains or upholds; that on which some superstructure rests.....I feel another post coming on.
      Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  9. Hi Chris! Just wanted to let you know that this was featured as the #1 viewed post last week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! Congratulations and have a lovely week :)

    http://strangersandpilgrimsonearth.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-art-of-home-making-mondays-please_25.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Praise God. I am so happy about this. I feel so strongly about mothers being at home. What would this world be like it all mothers were keepers of their homes? God bless.

      Delete
  10. I found you on Strangers and Pilgrims link-up. I love your blog. The old-fashion home-maker pictures are so pretty.
    I am always encouraged to see a younger woman say she enjoys home-making. I am 58yrs.old and I don't even see it in my friends. My 21 yr. old daughter has the same problem you describe. We home-schooled her through high school.Ever since she graduated family and friends have ask when she is going to work. I've even been asked "doesn't she have any ambition?" She helps me all around the house and is perfectly content. She is a great help to me.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it has to be irritating to hear such inconsiderate and impertinent questions, especially from family and friends. People judge by the culture's standards and according to the idealistic world view. I would like to offer you my opinion....encourage your daughter to love being in the home. Encourage her to become a GODLY housewife and mother and not to worry about anyone's opinion other than God's. You may enjoy watching The Return of the Daughters Dvd. Here is the link to purchase it at Amazon.
      http://www.amazon.com/Return-Daughters-Anna-Sofia-Botkin/dp/0979927900
      God bless.

      Delete
  11. Yes!!! So blessed to be a homemaker also, and love this! As I am closing my days of mothering, I never regret the decision to spend my days as a homemaker...it has made all the difference with my children. Dropping in from Coffee and Conversation and wishing you blessings in your calling:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my post. I am glad you are blessed to stay home. I hope you will visit my blog often.
      Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  12. I'm also a stay-at-home mom and yes, it is indeed a blessing! I have friends and family that don't understand, and I have long given up on trying to explain why I chose to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree that you can't explain it to anyone. People either see it or they don't. Now they love to question my daughter who will be a homeschool graduate this year. They want to know what she plans to do. There is such an attack on women being "at home".
      God bless.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful post! Although I'm not married yet I hope to pursue the same love for being a homemaker someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord willing and if you do become a wife and a mother, I pray that the Lord will bless you and guide you. Being a homemaker, wife and mother is the most noble calling. satan does all he can to destroy the home.
      God bless.

      Delete
  14. Great, great, and great, thanks for linking this up at Good Morning Mondays. Our no 1 daughter is a stay at home mum. She did work a few part time jobs and a home based business before she was married but now looks after her beautiful girls and her home. I am now building this attitude into my younger 9 year old daughter. She has dreams of doing this or that and wants to be a missionary, but her father tells her that she needs to wait for her husband to be a missionary with him. I am also working towards home based business for her in the future, to give her something before she is married and maybe for after. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking this great post up again at Good Morning Mondays, it is something we all need to hear. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chris,

    I really appreciate this post and want you to know that it is a big encouragement to me. I love being a SAHM, homeschooling mom. I have four children and God has not closed my desire for more children. Even though life is a challenge at times, but it is for everyone. You fight for what you believe in and I believe in my children and trust in God to take care of us. Why does society make me feel as though that is something to be ashamed of?
    Thank you so much for visiting "TGI Saturdays Blog-Hop."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chris - What a beautiful post.... and a great sense of contentment and purpose.... thank you for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The links to the videos are not working. Can you please tell me the title of the videos so I can look them up? I'd love to hear some sermons on this topic. So few pastors preach on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to find the videos again and update my post. Sometimes Youtube removes videos or the person who uploaded them will. I know one of the videos was "The Magnificent Mother" by Adrian Rogers, and if you scroll up, I have it posted on the right side of my blog. The other video was one of Adrian Rogers also, and I will try to find it and have it back up real soon. Thanks for letting me know about these videos not working. Thanks for visiting this post. God bless.

      Delete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...