Monday, September 1, 2014

The Role of Mothers

“I believe that a godly home is a foretaste of heaven. Our homes, imperfect as they are, must be a haven from the chaos outside. They should be a reflection of our eternal home, where troubled souls find peace, weary hearts find rest, hungry bodies find refreshment, lonely pilgrims find communion, and wounded spirits find compassion.” -Jani Ortlund

I love the above quote, but how can a home be a haven from the chaos outside. How can our home reflect our eternal home if God is not the center of the home?  How can troubled souls find peace if a mother isn't there to comfort? How can weary hearts find rest if a home is dirty and cluttered? How can hungry bodies find refreshment comparable to a home cooked meal? How can lonely pilgrims find communion without hospitality?  How can wounded spirits find compassion equal to a Christian mother's prayers and love.
  
In Bible times, beautiful palaces contained a number of large pillars that were both decorative and weight bearing. The most expensive columns were cut from marble, highly polished, and carefully put in place. Corner pillars were crucial because they held everything together in fact, the integrity of the entire building depended on them.
So it's no wonder that God's word speaks of women as being corner pillars.

May our daughters be like corner pillars cut for the structure of a palace Psalm 144:12 ESV

Let's think about this for a moment.  

Where are the pillars suppose to be?

Can a pillar be placed outside of the structure that it is intended to support?
As I have stated in a previous post, ever since God created male and female, Satan has been trying to blur the distinction between the sexes.  He has gained much ground, through the feminist movement, in removing the pillars from the home.

Over time, society's ideals for women have changed drastically. As a result, many will disagree with this post. 
Nevertheless, I am convinced that Satan implicated the plan of removing the pillars thereby destroying the structure of the family and all of society. We can see the crumbling results in our indoctrinated culture.

The feminist movement regarded that all the housewives were mistreated, enslaved, and uneducated. Yet, the feminist movement has enslaved women.
It is disturbing that marital advice found today, even among many Christians, leans towards feminist influence. Sharing responsibilities and gender roles blurs the distinction of men and women.  No wonder why so many women ask, "Where have all the good men gone?"
But,
Where have all the "good" women gone?
With homes in chaos and kitchens largely left abandoned, a generation is being raised on fast food.
Today we have young mothers who know little of how to raise children, care for a home, cook healthy and economical foods, stay within a budget, promote healthy lifestyles, etc.
By removing the pillars, Satan is continuously dismantling the family.

 

Several traps have been set to keep women away from their God-given role in the home.  Instead of the church and home, schools have turned into the central point for family activities.  The government is raising and teaching our children, not the mothers.  Furthermore, a secular, liberal agenda is being taught.

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 3 John 1:4

 Afterschool programs make it convenient for women to stay in the workforce.  Idiotically and ironically, daycare centers, mostly owned by women, are lucrative businesses  taking care of other women's children.

 Birth control liberates women from the inconvenience of motherhood, and abortion has become a glorified remedy for eliminating the burden.

Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them. Psalm 127:5
However, society looks down on "quiver fulls",  
especially mothers at home with "quiver fulls".  Satan wants mothers to abandon the role God has given them according to His holy word.  It's ludicrous for the world to assume that mothers are unqualified to raise and teach their own children, but accepted in any other field, including combat on the front lines of war. 

With the pressure from society, many women feel discontented to be at home.  On the contrary to the ideals of society, being a homemaker is A Great Work at Home!



I was at a gathering a few months ago, and I overheard a conversation between a new mother and a relative .  It was a well-known fact that this mother was exceedingly proud of her profession as a school teacher. She had returned to work almost immediately after giving birth.  During the conversation, I heard her telling a relative about how she had been at home for the past week because of a school holiday.  She said that her son had gotten so attached to her during that together-time, and that he would cling to her and babble, "ma ma ma ma."  She said that her husband responded by saying, "We can't have this!  He's got to get back to daycare before he gets spoiled and gets off of his schedule!"  I could tell by her voice that she had no disagreements with her husband's remarks.  Then the two ladies laughed in agreement and began talking about her all-important teaching job.

I was, for a lack of a better word, saddened. 

In my mind I could only think about what a shame this was. So many children getting her attention while her own son was at the daycare center.

In the world's eyes, she would be throwing her life away if she decided to give up her career to be a stay-at-home mother and wife.
When I think on how twisted this is, I can think of many more ways our world has become indifferent to Biblical ways, as if they are outdated and irrelevant.   


There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 16:25


"Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse into the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into its soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." 
-JR Miller

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands. Proverbs 14:1

The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. Titus 2. 3-5

I read an article once that explained how the economy was forever changed when a vast number of women entered the work force during the feminist movement.  By so many entering, it changed the economy drastically, therefore making it harder for only one income to support a family. This is where the phrase "It takes two to earn a living." got its start.
I know there are widows and single mothers who can't find any other way to survive without working.  However, so many families, even Christian families, are living according to worldly standards with no thoughts on women being in the home.
  It isn't my place to judge anyone, nor do I think moms who work outside of the home love their children less.
  I just believe that worldly views have eclipsed the noble calling of women being at home. 
  I  support women who have chosen to stay at home, and I love sharing my thoughts and Biblical reasoning behind being a "keeper of the home".  
Time has changed.  We live in a different time, and it isn't a better time!

... evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. II Timothy 3:13

It's far from a perfect world, and evil is growing more and more. Have you read the news headlines today?
Mothers have significant influence on her children at any age.
It's a time, like never before, to fight the spiritual warfare
that tries to dismantle the home. 

A mother in the home is a threat to Satan and his wickedness.
He formulates methods that are intended to pull down the pillars of the home. 
If only more women would realize how God wants to use us as spiritual pillars of our home.  If mothers could glimpse eternity and see their importance in the home.
  Yes, the man is the head of the home, but a mother is the heart of the home. 

It is a noble goal for any Christian woman to be a polished corner pillar who, with Christ, holds her family together. 
 God’s best gift to Adam was Eve. God’s best gift to any man is a godly woman of strength and beauty. So shall it always be.

 Her worth is far above rubies. Such a woman is truly God’s masterpiece, the crowning glory of God’s creation in the Garden of Eden.


27 comments:

  1. What an excellent post and very well written. God is so gracious to us in that He is bringing home women one by one to take their High calling as mother in the home once more. I've met many such women, and I was once one of them. God is moving, He has a plan and I'm grateful I'm apart of it. Thank you for this wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you enjoyed the post. Thanks for your lovely comment. God bless.

      Delete
  2. I just have to share my short story and tell you that I am trying to influence young women today to stay home with their children...When our daughter was born 22 years ago I stayed home for the first year. I was board and didn't have alot of homemaking knowledge. I went back to work against my husbands wishes. When we came back to Christ (we had wondered far from him) I realized what a mistake it was to be out of the home. I longed (and still do) to be at home. But because of our life style and where we have "put" ourselves I must work to help decrease this debt. There is a goal to be at home though not early enough to be there for our children. It has been very hard. Because I still am the dedicated mother and wife that I long to be but then I don't have the time to do all the things that I would love to do for our family. Longer hours and harder work because I was not obedient to God's will (or my husbands). That is what I am sharing with young women today. The more money you make, the more you spend, the more it takes from your family. My daughters know that now and I am teaching them that no matter what society says, it's okay, in fact it is beyond wonderful, to be a stay at home mom and wife! Thanks for your Godly influence and I am praying for your ministry here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very touched by your story. My heart goes out for you, and I will pray for you and your daughter. I hope she will heed your advice and realize the importance of being a stay-at-home mother. As for your longing to be at home....God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. Eph. 3:20 Since His power works in us, all things are possible. I will pray that you will be able, once again, be at home. Thank you so much for your lovely comment about this post and for sharing your story. God bless.
      Much love to you,
      Chris

      Delete
  3. I agree that woman if at all possible should stay home and raise their children (and even home school if they can do it.) So much is missed when a woman works, those first everything. Children do need their mom at home. Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.” http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, Hazel. Thanks for hosting the link up.
      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Hello! I stopped by from the Modest Mom blog link up and I am glad I did! Great article that sums up the struggle that has occurred in our families with the world pressuring Mothers to make money and "contribute" to society. It is so good to be home to take care of my teens and parents who need my help. I find that it is enough contribution to not add to society's ills if I can help it! Thanks again for this insightful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. I am glad that you found my post. Thanks for the positive comment. I am glad to hear from other women who stay at home. May God bless all that you do.

      Delete
  5. Thank you Chris for linking up at Family Fun Friday! This post will be featured on my site at this week's link up. <3 and blessings!

    www.mistyleask.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for featuring this post. I have had such sweet comments from women about this post and A Great Work at Home and Blessed to Be a Homemaker. I pray that these posts will bless and encourage other women. Thanks for hosting the link ups, and God bless you.
      Much love, Chris

      Delete
  6. My mother stayed at home and always had a treat for us when we arrived home from school. Dinner was later and we needed this small snack. Thank you for sharing this lovely post with us here at "Tell me a Story."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to remember all the little things that added up to moms being just GREAT! Thanks for your lovely comment, and for hosting the link ups.
      God bless

      Delete
  7. I read the whole post=) because it is the most beautiful post i have ever read about motherhood! May God bless you and ur family! thank you for sharing with the true meaning of motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Keil. I am glad that you enjoyed this post. Have you read A Great Work at Home and Blessed to be a Homemaker? You may like them as well. Thank you for asking God's blessing on me and my family. I pray God will bless your family as well.
      Much love and thanks

      Delete
  8. I'm visiting from Chronicles of Grace. I'm thankful that I was privileged to be a stay at home mom for my daughters. It was a great privilege, in my opinion, to raise my girls and the most rewarding thing I've ever done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God! I am glad you visited my blog. I hope you will visit often. God bless.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful article with such pretty photos. Your blog looks magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I hope you will visit me often.
      God bless.

      Delete
  10. This is so very beautiful! God Bless you for sharing truth! PLEASE come link up at "My Teacher's Name is Mama" we have a new link-up titled, "Theology Thursdays FOR KIDS!!!" I'm sure this post would be a blessing for many others to read.

    http://myteachersnameismama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for inviting me to your link up! I was just over at your lovely blog and I linked up a few related posts. I hope you and your readers will enjoy them and receice a blesing. Feel free to link up here each week. Share my button so others can come link up too. I hope you have a very blessed weekend.
      God bless.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for linking up! This post has been a blessing to read and consider! I especially can relate well to the story of the teacher since this is what I gave up in order to be home with my precious blessings. Thank you for your boldness yet eloquence as you presented this post!

      Delete
  11. You will be featured tomorrow at Theology Thursdays! Stop by to grab the featured button!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is another great post Chris and thanks for linking up at Good Morning Mondays. Feminism is on the rise and I have found this at our church where they are trying to have women ordained as ministers. They seem to not want to read the scriptures about women not preaching or teaching over a man. We need to be in submission and in our rightful place at home. This is not a demeaning position but one that requires a great deal of character, and will also help us grow in character. Blessings to you .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking this great post up again at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your comment about the 2 women talking is so very sad.... yet quite common today. I am so thankful to have the time with my family... these years cannot be replaced and I treasure them. I am thankful to be among other women who also treasure this God given job.. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this important reminder: A mother is a threat to Satan and his wickedness. Spiritual warfare is real. And prayer and firmly standing in the Word of God has power to pull down strongholds. Too often, we think only about what is going on that we can see with our eyes, and forget how important battling the spiritual is. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...