Sunday, December 14, 2014

~It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas~

It's beginning to look a lot like 
Christmas!
Welcome back to my Shabby Room
I finally put a Christmas Tree in there this 
weekend.
We didn't have a mantle over our fireplace until this past Friday.  I had been wanting one for the longest time, so I decided to make one myself.  After a trip to the hardware store, this is what I made!
It's simple, but I love it!

 I painted this old mirror with chalkboard paint, and Connie's daughter, Sydney,
did this beautiful artwork!
~O come let us adore Him
Christ the Lord~
~O Christmas Tree~
~Our Little Kitchen Tree~
~Sugarplum Fairies~
~The Sitting Room~
Brayden's Playroom
~My grandson, Brayden, in front of the Christmas Tree in his playroom  
 before church Sunday~
 
The Christmas Tree in 
I pray that all of you will have a peaceful Christmas! 
The true meaning of Christmas should be celebrated all year!
And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.
And all went to be taxed, every one into his own 
city.
and Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called 
Bethlehem
to be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
and so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be 
delivered.
and she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the 
inn.
and there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by 
night.
and, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
and the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all 
people.
for unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is 
Christ the Lord.
and this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, 
lying in a manger.
and suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and 
saying,
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:1-14

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful home you have and to have it filled with God's peace and love makes it even lovelier. Happy to be next to you at Janis' link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! Without God's peace and love, it couldn't be a home. Thanks for your lovely comment.
      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Love the sugarplum fairies. I was just pondering (today) what exactly a sugarplum is...because "visions of sugarplums danced in their heads" made me think of it. I'm still not sure, but I wouldn't mind those yummy looking things dancing in my head! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny because I don't know if these were supposed to be angels, fairies, or what. I just call them Sugarplum Fairies because they are holding candy. Thanks for visiting.
      God bless.

      Delete
  3. I so enjoyed reading this post! You have a lovely home. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina. I am so glad you enjoyed this post. Thank you for your sweet comment. I hope you will visit here often!
      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Hi Chris! I love your shabby chic room and all the lovely Christmas trees! I think my fav is the pic of your adorable grandson... I am a nana too and being a gma is absolutely wonderful! This will be our first Christmas with him! I am visiting from the Unite blog link up... Blessings to you! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a beautiful comment. My grandson's picture would be my favorite pic as well. Have a wonderful Christmas with you new little grandson, and may God bless him and your family. Thanks for visiting my blog. Come back often.
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. Love your decorating style and Brayden is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliments! I do think my sweet little Brayden is adorable too. He's my heart!
      Merry Christmas and God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  6. How delightful to enjoy so many beautiful Christmas trees. We have a large one we now keep in its box, but two small pre-lit trees in two different areas of our house. Thank you for sharing with us here at "Tell me a Story."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I love decorating for Christmas. Lights are so beautiful to me. It's such a beautiful time of the year. I love the warmth of the season and the get togethers. True joy comes from the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.
    Have a Merry Christmas, Hazel!
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you please send me your turkey and wild rice soup recipe. I was reading it and then lost it. :-(
    I am so grateful for your blog. It is such a blessing.
    Thank you, Trish Clark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment! The recipe is under the posts I wrote in May. You can find my posts listed by the month on the right side of my blog as you scroll.
      Here is the link though,
      http://somuchathome.blogspot.com/2014/05/creamy-turkey-wild-rice-soup-and-fresh.html
      I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is so delicious if you use some broth from a baked turkey. Also I add as much of the broth as I want to make a bigger pot. I use two boxes of the rice if I make a big pot. I also use a larger container of heavy cream if I make a large pot. It's almost impossible to mess up this recipe.
      Happy Cooking!
      God bless

      Delete
  9. I LOVED it! We used to have a different home...and it had lots and lots of room areas that could be used with trees and other portions of Christmas bits and pieces. We almost never have any presents here...partly b/c of the fact that kids and grandkids are in their houses, and too busy to swing by here [same town]. Also, we do the best we can to let the people see the tree and the nativities. It's a treat! Blessing to see yours, though. You made me smile, and that's a gooooood thing, doncha think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your very sweet comment. Have a truly wonderful and blessed Christmas!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing you beautiful home with us at Good Morning Mondays. Thank you for your prayer updates and for being such a wonderful, caring person. I have really enjoyed getting to know you better. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I am glad that we have found each other's blog. I hope you and your family will have a truly blessed 2015!

      Delete
  11. Oh my goodness, I don't think I am ready to start thinking about Christmas yet. I don't think I have it in me to put up so many trees! Hooray for you! Thanks for sharing over at Celebrate it sunday.

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...