Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pray Before You Link Up, Please

Welcome to a very special Link Up
 Party #24!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Let us be mindful of those who spent Thanksgiving in the hospital.  
Before you link up, I sincerely hope you will take a moment  to read about Connie and Taylor and pray for them both.

Please continue to pray for Connie Flanders
As most of my regular readers know, Connie has been in the hospital since the middle of September.  She was admitted with a life-threatening case of pancreatitis.  After a couple of days in the hospital, she was sedated and put on a respirator.  She was asleep for a month, and it took her a couple of weeks to recover from the sedation.  She also suffered from several infections and a ruptured ulcer.  The ulcer has not healed, so she is scheduled to have surgery December 12. 
She has two drains in her abdomen, PICC Line, and feeding tube that passes her stomach and delivers nutrition into her intestines.  Most every thing in her abdomen is inflamed, including her pancreas. However, the surgeon said that the  inflammation is getting better.  On her good days, she is able to sit up in a chair in her room.  She also has had some physical therapy.  Here lately, she has been dealing with nausea. I hope and pray that this ruptured ulcer and surgery to repair it will be the very last setback that she will have to endure.
 Doctors were positive that she would have to be in the hospital for at least six more weeks, but I am not sure if surgery will lengthen her stay. Nonetheless, she will be in the hospital during Christmas.  I pray that God will strengthen her and fill her with joy and peace. I can only imagine how this has effected her emotionally.  I know she is more than ready to get home.  
It's been a time of ups and downs, sort of like the board game Chutes and Ladders. I hope it doesn't sound wrong for me to use this analogy, because what she is going through is far from a game. However, we have all been on edge watching her make it up a ladder and then seeing her fall down again. BUT there is another ladder that is going to get her up even higher than ever, and I believe the Lord is placing it in front of her now.  He did speak to her, and He said, "It's time to get up." She needs to hold on to that! She will be victorious, and God will work it all out for her good.  I believe that with all my heart.  
I don't want to sound negative in any way as I explain her condition, because my God is 
Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals!
 I just wish there was something that I could do to lift her spirits when she's down and hurting.  
Please continue to remember her in your prayers, but pray BELIEVING and thank God for being Jehovah Rapha!
Jesus reserved Connie's healing on the cross at Calvary, we just want it now and in our own time and in our own way. Lord, forgive me for being pushy, and help me to trust in Your perfect way. We can't begin to understand what good things You are orchestrating through all this.  

God is also Taylor's Jehovah Rapha,
and I believe He is orchestrating great things beyond our ability to understand.  
Taylor's story is in the previous post.  
She is retaining a lot of fluid and her body is very swollen.  She also has some degree of pancreatitis.  I imagine that may be caused from the medication, but I unintentionally forgot to ask what caused it.  Today she was having so much trouble breathing that she had to be placed on a ventilator. The difficulty breathing was tiring her heart.  Doctors did warn that her breathing would get worse before she got better.  Doctors said that having her asleep and controlling her breathing will give her little body the time it needs to rest. Treatments are still going good. 
Here is another example of "Chutes and Ladders" (ups and downs), BUT Jehovah Rapha does the miraculous! 
He is an on-time God!  He's a mountain mover!
 NOTHING has power over HIM!
All power in Heaven and earth belong to Him!
Let us pray BELIEVING and let us thank Him for being Jehovah Rapha!

  God, help us to trust in You.  Help us to trust Your perfect plans for Taylor, even when it hurts so much to see a 5 year old endure so much pain and suffering.  Please Lord, just give us a small glimpse into the glorious side of it all.  Help the grandmother, Debbie, when she asks,  "Why God?" Give her strength as she stays night and day at Taylor's bedside. Pour out supernatural energy to keep her going. Give her wisdom and spiritual strength to stand against the lies of the enemy that try to rip her apart with fear.  Help her, Lord, keep her eyes on You and give her peace of mind.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

Thank you for reading, and thank you for your prayers.
Please share these prayer requests with other prayer warriors, your church's prayer list, and perhaps on your own blog as a link.  
God bless you all.

Here are the top three posts from the last link up.  I would like to thank everyone for linking up their wonderful posts.  I apologise for not being able to comment on them all. 

Most Read Post
from
Bread1e

Second Most Read Post
from
Homestead Kitchen Tours | areturntosimplicity.com

Third Most Read Post
from
Inspire Musicians to Practice

Link up as many posts as you'd like!
Please share my button so others will know about the link up, and most importantly, see the prayer requests for Connie and Taylor this week.
~Thanks~
So Much At Home

14 comments:

  1. My sister-in-law went to hospital fir a simple operation which turned into over 100 days in high care, much in a coma. But the Lord answered our prayers and she didn't die like the doctors thought and now home fir the last three weeks and slowly recovering. The Lord is good even if the answers don't go the way we want them to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear your sister-in-law is back home! God is amazing. We can't begin to understand how He works in situations. Sometimes we can understand more about it after it is all over. Thanks for commenting and thanks for praying.
      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Before leaving this comment, I did spend a few minutes praying for both Connie & Taylor. Having recently spent a few days in the hospital, I cannot imagine an extended stay & the battle with discouragement it can bring. May our God be with both these gals & bring health and recovery in the coming days! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for praying. Connie has been there a very long time. Taylor has been there over 3 week, but that only for this time. They have both been through so much. Your prayers are deeply appreciated.
      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely adding Connie and Taylor to our family's prayer list. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Ashley. It means so much to know that people are praying.
      God bless.

      Delete
  4. The link on Modesty is your home locked, appears to be spam. You may want to delete it. Thank you for the time and effort that goes into put up a weekly linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Victorious Woman of Faith and her post on Modesty is a valid blog. She has shared several great posts in the past. There must be some sort of glitch happening that made it look like spam, but I was able to click on it and read her post without any outside interference. There are so many glitches, malware, and attacks out there that can show up most anywhere, but I would say that her blog site is safe. Thanks for the concern though, and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your kind words of thanks. There is a lot of time and effort that goes into a link up. I hope you will visit me often.
      God bless.

      Delete
  5. May the healing power of Calvary touch these two beautiful daughters of the King.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautifully written! Thank you for such a sweet and powerful prayer.
      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Dear, precious friend! I so appreciate your love, compassion, & concern for the hurting! We must keep interceding on behalf of these needs and believing God for the Divine-intervention miracles they all need. God help us not to become weary in praying and standing in the gap for those who are too weak to plead their own cause. So thankful for dear friends like you who help to bear these burdens, thus fulfilling God's law. You will never know how much your sweet comments on my blog meant to me. Love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too, Cheryl. Now that you are back home and I see you online more, I'm like...Oh how great! The prayer warrior is back! You mean so much to me. Your presence is comforting because I know you are a soldier for Christ and care for people.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for hosting & thanks for linking up to the Great Blog Train (bloghop) - I just linked up to your fun party. I have a "Prayer Warrior" group on google+ & was wondering if it would be OK if I added these 2 prayer requests to our prayer chain?
    Thanks
    Angie
    http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes! Please add them to your Prayer Warrior group! That will be so nice. Thank you for your prayers and concern.
      God bless.

      Delete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...