Monday, January 12, 2015

A Prayer To Release Our Children To God



I recently read Her Soul Is Safe at Ready To Be Offered, and I was reminded of the worry and fear that tortured me when my son first began driving and staying out past dark.  He would call and let me know that he was on the way home, so I could just about time his location. I would literally pray him all the way home. I would pray, "Dear Lord, Please watch over him as he goes through the new bypass." or, "Dear Lord, Please make sure no one tops that hill as he turns."  I would be standing at the door waiting for his truck to pull in.  No sight was more welcoming than his headlights entering the driveway. When I would see his truck pull in, I would say, "Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Jesus."  I just didn't think I would be able to endure those years. I was always an extremely protective parent.  It was not until I released my son to God through prayer that the Lord gave me peace of mind.  I leaned on scripture. I typed up a prayer for him that I read several times. 
Today, he is a Police Officer, and I seldom worry.  If I begin to worry, I just turn my thoughts over to the Lord.  I realize that I cannot go that route anymore.
 I cannot be there to protect him during a drug bust or a high-speed chase. I can do nothing now to protect him physically, or any other way, except continue to pray for him.  
For now, my daughter is still at home with me.  I pray that I will have this same peace when I need it for her. 
Here is a prayer modeled from the prayer that I typed for both of my children.  I have left blank spaces in place of the names and personal pronouns.
I pray that it may be a comfort to other Mothers or Fathers.
God bless.
* If you would like, please feel free to copy, save, or share this prayer. ~Chris

Dear Lord,
I lift ________________up to You, and ask for You to put up a hedge of protection around _______.  Protect _______ spirit, body, mind, and emotions from any form of evil or harm.  I pray specifically for protection from accidents, disease, and any other physical harm.  Keep _______ safe when on the road and out of the path of harm.  Give Your angels charge over _______ wherever ______ goes.  Keep __________ from all mental or emotional harm that satan may try to use against ____.  I pray that ________ will always find refuge “in the shadow of Your wings” until all “these calamities have passed by” (Psalm 57:1) Hide _________ from any kind of evil influences that would come against _______.  Keep ______ safe from all hidden dangers, and let no weapon formed against _______be able to prosper.  Thank You, Lord, for all Your many promises of protection.  Help ______ walk in Your ways and in obedience to Your will.  Keep _______ safe in all ______ ways.  I pray that ______________ will live a fruitful life, ever increasing in the knowledge of You.  May _______ always seek Your will, have spiritual understanding, and walk in a manner pleasing in Your sight.  You have said, in Your word, that You will pour out Your spirit on my offspring (Isaiah 44:3).  I pray that You pour out your spirit upon _____________ this day.  Thank You, Lord, for caring about _______ eternal future, even more than I could.  Thank You, Lord, that ______________is secure in You.
By the authority You have given to me in Jesus’ name, I stand against the wiles of the devil against idolatry, rebellion, stubbornness, and disrespect.  These things have no part in _______________life, nor will _______ walk in the path of destruction because of them.  Make _______ uncomfortable and sensitive to sin.  Help _______ to know the beauty and simplicity of walking with a sweet and humble spirit and in obedience and submission to You.  I pray for a close, loving, happy, and fulfilling relationship between our family for all the days of our lives. May there always be good communication.  Lord, I pray for godly friends and role models in ______________ life.  Give ___________ wisdom to choose friends who are godly.  Lord, help ______ to never compromise ______walk with You.  Deliver _______ away from anyone with an ungodly nature.  Help ______ to say “yes” to the things of God and “no” to the flesh. Give ________the voice and spirit of truth, and keep _______ from lies.  I pray that sickness and infirmities will have no place or power in _______ life.  I pray for a life of good health and a healthy lifestyle. Give _______ a good mind, teachable spirit, and the ability to learn.  Help ______ to excel in understanding.  I pray that You would develop the gifts and talents that You have placed within ________.  Bless the work of ______ hands so that all _______ works will be prosperous.  Reveal to _________ the plans You have for ______, and help _______ to excel in them.  I pray that _____ ways, speech, and doings glorify You.  Help _______ to respect and revere purity. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. (Matthew 5:8)  Lord, I pray that __________ will bear good fruits.  Bless __________ with clarity of mind so that ________ will be able to make the right decisions.  May the word of God take root in ______ heart.  May ______ heart and mind be filled with things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy. (Philippians 4:8)  May _______ always know the fullness of joy that is found only in Your presence.   In Jesus’ name, keep _________ from any addictions.  Enable _______ to say “no” to anything harmful and to choose life.  May _______ only addictions be to the things of God.   Lord, speak loudly to ______ whenever there is temptation or trickery of the devil.   Allow ________ to be strong enough to stand for what is right and pure.  Lord, keep ________ from worldly immorality.  Keep _______ from premarital immorality.  I pray for that special someone that You will give ______ in Your perfect timing.  Unless the Lord builds a house, they labor in vain who built it. (Psalm 127:1)  Help _______ to walk in repentance.  Create in ________ a clean heart, Lord, and renew a right spirit within _______. (Psalm 51:2)  I pray that You would break down any ungodly strongholds in ____ life.  Help ____ to discern good from evil and to be sensitive to Your voice saying, “This is the way. Walk in it.” (Isaiah 30:21)  You have said in Your word that You have dealt ______________ one measure of faith (Romans 12:3), so I pray that You would take that faith which You have planted and multiply it.  I pray that ________ will have faith strong enough to hold _____ above any circumstance. 
As for me Lord, Your word says, “I sought the Lord, and He heard me and delivered me from all my fears.” (Psalm 34:4) so Lord, I ask for Your strength and for the faith I need to release ________________ into Your hands.  Help me not to live in fear of possible dangers.  Help me to live in peace, knowing that You are in control of _________ every breath.  Likewise, You have not given me the spirit of fear, but of sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).  Deliver me from doubt and fear, and give me a peace that surpasses all understanding.  As Jesus said, “Why are you so fearful, O you of little faith?” (Matthew 8:26).  Help me to have faith, peace, and to know that all is well.  As Moses’ mother had the courage to send her child down the Nile, where he was in danger amongst crocodiles, the possibility of drowning, and into the enemy’s presence; give me the courage to place _______________ into Your care.  I know that You have created and given me this good and precious gift.  I know that You are fully capable of keeping ________ safe and sound.  I can’t be everywhere as You can.  Everything is in Your control.  Lord, Your word tells me to cast all my cares upon You (1Peter 5:7) and so I am.  Watch over my ___________ and keep _________ safe in all ________ ways.  Keep me at peace and ease my worrisome mind.  Help me not to be so overprotective because You are ________ protector.  Help me to trust in Your promises, and forgive my inadequate faith which has allowed my fear.  Lord, deliver me from the grip of fear.  Give me strength to run to You saying, “It is well!”  When I need You Lord, swiftly send Your spirit to comfort and ease my troubled thoughts.  Thank You, Lord, for Your great faithfulness unto me as my child's mother.  I believe Your word, and I ask all these things in Jesus’ name Amen.

I will pour out my heart like water before the face of the Lord.  I will lift my hands toward Him for the life of my children.  Lamentations 2:19

14 comments:

  1. I appreciate how you address the fact that you won't always be there to keep your son safe. That is something God spoke to my heart years ago - I won't always be there, but He will be. And I need to trust Him with my children. After all, He loves them so much more than I do and He is the One who has the big plans for them! He knows the direction they will go in. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Aimee. Everything we have belongs to God, even our children. We are blessed as being their mothers here on earth, but rightful guardianship belongs to Him. It is beneficial to our peace of mind to remember this and to realize how much more capable He is at protecting them.
      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this post.
    My fellowship has been burdened to pray intentionally for the children of our congregation .May I share, not only this post, but your prayer with them?
    I appreciate you and the truth of your posts.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yes! Please feel free to share this post and prayer. I am glad to hear about your fellowship's burden to pray for the children. I have just said a prayer for your group and your children.
      God bless you all.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the beautiful prayer outline. In the book Prayers That Avail Much, I have found wonderful prayers for many occasions that have helped to focus ME and support my prayers with Scripture.
    After having three son's and now my youngest is a Pastor, I pray differently but fervently.
    Thanks again for your ministry.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked this prayer. I bet you did do a lot of praying with three sons! I know you must be pleased that your youngest is a Pastor. I pray the Lord will use him in a mighty way.
      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful way to release my children. I am going to download this prayer. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment. I am glad that you are going to download this prayer.
      God bless.
      Chris

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing this! I will be using this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I am glad you want to use it. Have a blessed week and a very happy new year.
      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Chris, this is my first visit to your blog. What a lovely post. I have four children - one not walking with the Lord. I pray for him daily and have done my best to leave my worries at the cross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found my blog. I hope you will visit here often. I will pray for your son too. Just keep praying. I believe your prayers will turn his situation around.
      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing this great post at Good Morning Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank-you for this prayer! I have prayed this many times for my children and have modified it for my children and keep it in my prayer notebook. What a blessing this prayer has been!

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...