Sunday, January 11, 2015

Decorating With LOVE

I love decorating my home for the holidays!
 After taking down my Christmas decorations this year, I decided that I wanted to decorate my home, or at least a part of it, more often.  I hope to decorate this area for Spring(Easter), Summer, Fall, and Winter(Christmas). 
 When I found this lovely plate stand and cherub candle holder at a Goodwill store this past Friday, I decided to decorate for Valentine's Day
This is the first time I have ever decorated my home for Valentine's Day. With most all of our holidays supposedly having pagan roots, I focused on
God's Love
and used Scriptures as part of my decor.
 Therefore, I do not think of Valentine's Day as being a sexually perverted pagan custom.
  I know that it IS NOT that to me.  It is just another day.
He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord. Romans 14:6
I just love the color red, hearts, telling my family that I love them, sharing my Christian love with others, beautiful things, love letters, cards, candy, and especially focusing on
 God's love
not just on a certain day, but every day!
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
However, if I feel God leading me to do and believe otherwise, I will.
God is love.
1 John 4:7

With that said, come let me show you a few of  my decorations, Bible verses, and quotes. 
The plate stand was originally gold, but I painted it red. I also painted the cherub candle holder.   
 The strawberry cake plate was a previous bargain find. However, I found the two cherubs and small birdcage this past Friday at the Goodwill. The small hardback book, "How I Love Thee" came from the Dollar Tree.
The plate chargers were also purchased at the Goodwill Friday.  They were gold, but I painted them red. They turned out beautifully. The crystal glasses were a Christmas gift from my aunt several years ago.
 The large felt hearts under the glass top were purchased from the Dollar Tree along with the roses, four white plates, candles, and the small hearts scattered on the table. 
 These lovely candle holders were also a previous bargain find!
 The beautiful rose teacup on top was found at the Goodwill along with these white plates and saucers.
 This beautifully framed picture was my sister's-in-law Meemaw's picture.
It is very old. 
The roses go very nicely in this room.
 I purchased these paper hearts at the Dollar Tree, and I printed and pasted vintage Valentine's prints on them.
 I used more of these paper hearts and wrote Bible verses about
 LOVE.

I will LOVE Thee, O Lord, my strength. 
Psalm 18:1

His banner over me is LOVE.
Song 2:4

There is no fear in LOVE.
 1 John 4:18

We know that we have passed from death into life because we LOVE the brethren.
1 John 3:14
 All that we LOVE deeply
becomes a part of us.
~Helen Keller
I used more vintage prints under the glass top.
Walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us.
 Ephesians. 5:2
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:30-31

You can hardly see my glass cake plate which has heart cookies in it.  
They are slowly disappearing!
Many waters cannot quench LOVE
neither can floods drown it. 
Song of Solomon 8:7
 Who, being LOVED, is poor?
~Oscar Wilde
Love grows by giving.  The love we give away is the only love we keep.
~Elbert Hubbard
Time is too slow for those who wait,
too swift for those who fear,
too long for those who grieve,
too short for those who rejoice,
but for those who LOVE, time is eternity.
~Henry Van Dyke

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 
John 3:16

18 comments:

  1. Hi stopping by from Monday's Musings! I think its great that you have celebrated LOVE and the true spirit of LOVE found in God's Word through your decoration! Thanks for the wonderful reminders of His great LOVE for us. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, and thanks for stopping by. I hope you will visit my blog often.
      God bless.

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! I have just recently started to understand a love an joy of homemaking, and this is beautiful! how nice to serve your home and decorate for holidays! Hopefully one day I will be creative lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is such a sweet compliment, Stacy! I pray that you will continue to grow in your love and understanding for the joys of homemaking.
      God bless.

      Delete
  3. OH, Chris, this looks so lovely! I absolutely love it all! And it is especially neat that you found such bargains at Goodwill. I love how you repainted the cake stand and added the vintage pictures to the heart garland. How clever! you definitely have a knack for decorating, and your love for your home shines through in everything you do. Please say a prayer for Jimmy as you read this. He is dying. His kidneys have shut down, and now his intestines are shutting down. They don't expect him to live through the evening. My brother and sister-in-law are taking it VERY hard. Please remember all of us in your prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be praying for Jimmy and his family. It is almost 9am, and I am wondering if he made it through the night. I feel very saddened for the grief this family is going through. I will continue to pray for them. I am glad you enjoyed my decorations. Thanks for your lovely compliments. Connie is having a drain tube placed inside a duct in her liver today. Seems there is a leak and fluid has built up. The surgeon said it would heal on its own. According to him, this is a simple procedure. They still have her on track to hopefully come home in March. Keep her in your prayers.
      Love ya

      Delete
  4. Oh how pretty! I love Goodwill and the Dollar store! I also seasonal decorate as you do. March-May is my spring theme, and I decorate my living room with bright garden colors like yellow, green and blue by swapping pillows and table covers. Some bunnies and birdhouses and a birdcage or two pop up throughout the house as well.

    June-August is summer theme and I change the living room colors to a crisp teal and white and some paisley prints pop up, I change my decor items as well.

    Sept-Nov. is my fall theme, of course. Wood accents, candles, books, warmer colors as I change up the decor. I also change pillows and fabrics to darker colors.

    December is Christmas, of course, and I switch pillow covers to red and white (bought 'em at IKEA!) and change fabrics as well. And I was always stuck for January and February but THIS year, like you, I am decorating with a heart theme.

    It's fun to change things up, isn't it? Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your home is going to be very beautiful this year! My Spring ideas sound similar to yours. I hope to find more great decorative items thrift shopping between now and them. Thanks for your lovely compliments on my decorations.
      God bless.

      Delete
  5. I love decorating for the different seasons or holidays! This year I took our Christmas decorations down just before New Year's Day, which was early for me. So now, the house seems rather empty. But, your Valentine's Day decor has me inspired! I love the Bible verses that you included...What a wonderful God we have!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment! I'm glad this post was inspirational.
      Happy decorating!
      God bless.

      Delete
  6. You have some pretty things. I like most all things hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of centering a table around God's love and Scripture! You can do so many fun decorations during the year with this idea in mind! Thank you for sharing this homemaking inspiration!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the paper hearts! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy the way you decorate your homes for different seasons and reasons. These photos show such thought and care. Thanks for sharing at Good morning mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a beautiful job of decorating! Thank you for sharing this and inspiring me. It is also good to see a Christian
    perspective on this holiday. I really enjoy your blog. You are very talented! Have a good day. Your blog visitor, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun and pretty stuff....... and it's even better since you found it at such a good deal. :) What a fun post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you change things up for each holiday, your red hearts on the plates are a nice touch!!!

    Thanks Chris for linking up on Oh My Heartsie Girls WW.
    Have a great weekend, Karren

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...