Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Word For 2015

ASPIRE
A- Active  S- Study  P- Pray  I- Intentional  R- Renewal  E- Exhort

Thanks to God and Cheryl at Homespun Devotions, I was able to choose my word, or should I say words, for 2015!
I had several words, but I was having trouble picking that single word that seemed to resonate within my spirit until I read Cheryl's post. After reading her post, I was quickly able to decide on Aspire, and the acronym fell into place with little effort.


Definition from the Webster's 1828 Dictionary:

 ASPIRE- To desire with eagerness; to pant after an object, great, noble or spiritual.


Yes, ASPIRE is my word!
  For some time now, my spiritual appetite has been a gnawing hunger pain that leaves me craving more and more. I just can't seem to tap into God's spiritual all-you-can-eat buffet! 
Instead of being content with drinking from the well, I aspire to dive in!

More than a desire for spiritual fullness, I desire an overflowing,  complete immersion, or rather a baptism with the Holy Ghost and with fire. Matthew 3:11


 That's what I ASPIRE(desire or pant after)!



Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
 Psalm 51:6
As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. 
Psalm 42:1
I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for thy commandments.
Psalm 119:131


Within the acronym for ASPIRE, God has given me insight to so much. 

A- Active  S- Study  P- Pray  I- Intentional  R- Renewal  E- Exhort


A- Active: Busy; constantly engaged in action; pursuing business with vigor and assiduity; opposed to dull, slow, or indolent.

Speaking spiritually, I aspire to be active, constantly engaged, in prayer. I want to pursue God's business with vigor.  I am opposed to having a dull spirit!
Speaking physically, I aspire to become more active and engaged in exercise. I want to be vigorously pursuing a healthier body.

S- Study: Literally, a setting of the mind or thoughts upon a subject.
This Bible verse perfectly explains what I aspire to set my mind and thought upon.
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:2


P- Pray:

To ask with earnestness or zeal, as for a favor, or for something desirable; to entreat; to supplicate.
In worship, to address the Supreme Being with solemnity and reverence, with adoration, confession of sins, supplication for mercy, and thanksgiving for blessings received.


Here is a Bible verse that I aspire to focus on this year.

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost.

I have written two posts about Effectual Prayer that can explain in more detail what I desire in my prayer life.


I- Intentional: By design; of purpose; not casually
I aspire to be intentional regarding my prayer life. I aspire to purposely pray for the needs of people and situations in my life.  I want to have less casual prayer such as a quick, "Lord help me." and have more time in earnest(sackcloth & ashes type) prayer. I aspire to be more intentional and purposeful in many areas in my life including: my health, home, relationships, church, and becoming a better wife.  There's always room for improvement, and I aspire to intentionally try. 


R- Renewal: renovation, regeneration,revival, and restoration.
Just reading these words seems self explanatory.
I aspire a spiritual revival within myself. I also pray for a spiritual revival within the church.
I aspire  restoration in my body and spirit.

E- Exhort: intent to incite and encourage. Advice; counsel.

I aspire to be an encourager in words and deeds.  I aspire that God will use me to give counsel to anyone in need. 
And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. Acts 2:40
A great biblical example of an exhorter is Barnabas . His given name was Joses, or Joseph, but the apostles gave him the name Barnabas, which means "Son of Encouragement" or " Son of Exhortation" (Acts:4:36).
For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord. 
 Acts 11:24
Being "full of the Holy Spirit" , Barnabas seemed to excel at encouragement and exhortation, and this is what I aspire to be!

If you liked this post, please consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Just click on the tiny icons below the post. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. My dear friend, I LOVE this!!!! And the things that you aspire to be are things you already are. You already do these things with such passion and zest. The love of Jesus shines through everything you do here! Jesus said, Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled." Your hunger and thirsting after HIM and His righteousness WILL BE FILLED. "We have not because we ask not", and you are asking, seeking, and knocking...He will give you even more of what you desire. Thank you for the mention here. I am so happy God gave you your word!! Love and appreciate you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. You are such an encourager. I'm striving to or should I say ASPIRING to grow more and more each day. It's so wonderful to have someone like you being that encouragement just when I need it.
      Love you too!

      Delete
  2. What better example to aspire to then Jesus Himself. Sweet post.

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...