Thursday, January 22, 2015

Update on Connie Flanders


I would like to thank everyone who has added Connie to their prayer list. My last detailed update was written in this post.  
First, let me start with a recap. Connie was hospitalized in September with life-threatening pancreatitis caused from her triglycerides being greater than 7,800! 
She was sedated and on a ventilator for over a month. As time went on, we waited for the inflammation of her pancreas to decrease. However, other complications began to manifest. An ulcer was found where her stomach joins her intestines, and several pockets of fluid and infection were drained off several times. The ulcer would not heal, so she required surgery. Her surgery was intensive, to say the least. The surgeon had to remove 1/3 of her stomach. Her gallbladder was the size of a cantaloupe and had to be removed. Her spleen was at the point of rupturing, so it was removed. Three -fourths of her pancreas was necrotic(dead), and had to be removed. She was not stable after surgery and the first 48 hours were touch and go. Nine days after surgery, December 21, Connie had another brush with death when an artery began bleeding out. The surgeon said that if the procedure had taken only one minute longer, Connie would have died. The surgeon also said that Connie received enough sedative to knock out a mule during the procedure, but he said she woke up every three minutes crying out, "I'm dying! I'm Dying!", so they would have to pop more anesthesia to her every three minutes. When her husband told me this, it was all I could do not to burst out crying. She has been through so much! Since September, her condition has been so full of ups and downs that it reminds me of the game Chutes and Ladders.

As of today, everything is looking good.
She is on a soft food diet.  She sits up and walks with a walker some.  Yesterday, her surgeon said that she would need at least two or three more weeks in the hospital.  After that, she will be moved to another hospital only 30 minutes away from home to begin physical rehabilitation.  She is expected to be home in March.

So many people have been talking about Connie and all that she has been through.  Everyone I have talked with, without a doubt, believe that she is alive today only because of
 GOD'S INTERVENTION!
  At least four times, that we know of, Connie almost died.
What will Connie's personal testimony be?
   What "good" has God been working on through all this?  With all the near death experiences,  I am convinced that God intervened for some great purpose. 

I have heard it said so many times,
"If only that particular nurse hadn't been her nurse that night..."
"If only that doctor wasn't the doctor on call that evening...."
"If only the surgeon arrived a moment later...."
"If only the procedure was 60 seconds later..."
"If only the doctor didn't get that PICC line in when he did...."

God has been ON TIME every single time!
What more proof do skeptics need to realize that 
God is the same today as yesterday! He still performs miracles! 

Rescue Me

Through It ALL

Please keep praying for Connie and her family.
~Thanks~

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! So much to endure. I'm glad she's healing and I will continue to hold Connie up in prayer.

    Blessings.

    Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop.

    Wishing you a lovely evening.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers, and thanks for hosting the linkup.
      God bless.

      Delete
  2. I will keep her on my list. I have been blessed to witness so many of Gods miracles in the last few months. Glory be His Name. Thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that Connie continues to heal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this update on Connie, I pray God continues to heal her and that she can get home quickly. Thanks for linking this up at Good Morning Mondays and giving us the opportunity to pray for her. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope she gets better soon. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris, I have been wondering about how she is doing so often, and it seems I can never find the time to email you to find out. This is so wonderful!!! Praise our awesome and amazing God! He is all-powerful, and as you said, He is an on-time God! It makes me think of that song by the McKamey's, "They said to Jesus, your friend's about to die, yet tarried he still on behind; so, they laid Lazarus in a tomb and said their last good-byes, but coming down the road was Jesus, right on time. So, just hold on, my child, because He's not too far away, and He knows your needs before you pray; so, when your feet are weary from the mountains you have climbed, look ahead, here comes Jesus right on time." I have to rejoice every time I hear that song. It is SO true. Thank you for posting this, and I just can't praise God enough!!!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...