Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Jumping On The Bandwagon Part 2


In a previous post, Jumping On The Bandwagon, I tried to point out that just because something is labeled "Christian" doesn't mean that it is.  I mentioned a so called "Christian" concert, and pointed out a few facts about the groups and their members that were clearly in opposition to Christianity.  However, several churches, youth groups, and Christian families, without a second thought, heedlessly jumped on the bandwagon.

Some argue that people like me are being too critical, and that I am forming my opinions based on their appearance.  This is not what I am doing, nor is it what I proclaimed in my other post!  With spiritual discernment, I searched the matter to see if my initial "gut feeling" was guiding me right.


One of the bands that performed at this concert happens to be a big sensation among many Christians.  Many would argue that the band reaches out to young people, through their appearance and style, who would otherwise be unreachable.
  Now I ask you, 
Is God limited? No!
 Is his hand shortened? No!
  Is He not able to seek and save? No!
Who then is behind this "style" of reaching out? 
Well, check out this website!
Carnival of Madness,

 (The images were not appropriate for my blog.)
Here you will see this "Christian" group in concert with other bands clearly professing demonic actions and appearances. I do not believe that any God fearing, sold-out for Christ band would join in any concert such as this.
This is a clear case of putting darkness for light! Isaiah 5:20
The lead singer and his band said that they prefer to avoid using the word "Christian.  He was quoted as saying,
"I just tell people I'm in a hard-rock band. I leave 'Christian' out."
 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 10:32-33
Now why would any Christian want to go to a Christian concert and be entertained by a band who leaves "Christian" out?
If we take Jesus Himself as our model 
(That’s what all Christians say they want to do.), we should ask ourselves these question, "When Jesus was spreading the gospel Himself on the earth, did He shape the gospel to meet the wants, the biases, the expectations, or wishes of the sinners?" No! 
 "Did He change His appearance or His "style" to fit in with the pagan culture?" No!
and
 "Was that His method of operation, such as it is for many so called Christians today?"
There is a definite pressure to conform to this world rather than to separate oneself from its godless influence. Religious rock is a cheap imitation of secular rock and roll. These "Christian" rockers, like the secular, play their music at the same ear-splitting level and give off the same nightclub bar-room atmosphere with all the colored lights, smoke, and special effects. Little do these religious rockers realize, but as they identify with and imitate the secular rock scene they are indirectly giving approval to that type of morality and lifestyle. As a result they are a path of destruction for others. 
"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate"
 (Titus 1:16)
Some Christians may say that a singer quoted scripture, made a moving speech, or yelled the name of Jesus,
 but even the devil knows who Jesus is!
And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
Acts 19:15
He also knows scripture.
In Matthew 4 you read Satan quoting scripture. But unlike Satan, Jesus correctly applies it. It's interesting to note, just because someone quotes scripture, such as "rockers", doesn't mean they're imparting the gospel correctly.

Many argue (misinterpreting the scripture)
that Jesus went out and "mingled" with sinners.
On the contrary, The Lord Jesus never conformed or copied the ways of the ungodly. The Bible says: "For such a high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;" 
Hebrews 7:26. 
"I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world" John 17:14. 
The Word of God does not say we are to go out and borrow the evil ways. We are commanded to come out and separate ourselves from evil.

The Word of God does not say we are to go out and borrow the evil ways of the ungodly and use them for "soul winning", but rather we are commanded to come out and separate ourselves from evil. 
We should mourn over the tragedy of the loss of discernment among the body of Christ.

Will the church abandon its role of salt and light and put on the same garments of darkness and sensuality that the world wraps itself in? 
After all, when Christ calls us to follow Him, He calls us to take up our crosses and follow Him. Jesus was concerned about our eternal destiny. He didn't mind if people were convicted of sin, if it brought them to their knees, and led to conversion. He was far more interested in doing things the way God wanted them done, than in satisfying the cravings of the sinful flesh. And in all decisions, we should be more interested in pleasing God than in winning the fleeting favor of the masses.
"If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me." 
John 15:18-21
Many people may argue that if Christians are too separated, then people will be turned off and take to the world more so. People must see in the lives of Christians that they have given up the love of the world, lust of the flesh, and its pride. We must live separated from the world, holy, watchful, denying self, and given to charity(love). 

Christians must face the fact that the Devil has created an ungodly “atmosphere” in this world, and it leads people away from God and into sin. Furthermore, the Devil’s intent in creating an ungodly atmosphere is to have people conform to it. That is why God tells us that we must not be conformed to the pattern (the mold) of the world. As Christians, we must become sensitive to the spiritual atmosphere around us, and able to recognize how we are being influenced, and whether that influence is godly or ungodly.Christians need to think about what they are doing and why they are doing it, not just do what everyone else is doing.

Then there is that which seems more obvious, and yet, as Christians, we fail to discern at times. 
 After I finished writing the first post, Jumping On The Bandwagon , I felt the Lord convicting me about something.  Here I was all upset because of evil masking itself as "Christian", and then I realized I had heedlessly accepted a similar situation just weeks before.  You see, I feel as if I am "chief of sinners" at times just as Paul felt.  I write these posts to encourage everyone, including myself.  
  From past experience, I know the danger from the spirits behind worldly music.  However, it is hard to filter out everything in this world unless we live as hermits.  I'm not backing up on my beliefs here! It's just that if you are in the world (which we all are),  then you are going to be affected by it in some way.  It may even walk through your front door as a family member or a dearest friend.  Therefore, I know that I need to PRAY continually.  I have to stand firm on my beliefs, and try my best (with God's help) to maintain a godly home.  It is important to treat everyone with love although we can't always accept the things they do, the shows they watch, the music they listen to.  Perhaps, they will see our difference as something genuine and sincere.  Maybe they will look at our faith and see God working in our lives. My desire is that we can all build each other up in Christ.  God forbid anyone seeing me as someone trying to act holier-than-thou or hypocritical as a Pharisee, because in my heart I know I'm not.  Yes, the world may not understand me.  The world may hate me, but let me daily strive to be more like Jesus.
 His life is the model life for us.  
He did not conform!
 He did not alter His message!
  He was in the world, but He was not of the world.
  He was love, yet His message caused division.
There is no way we can be blameless or perfect in this world.  We are going to sin.  We grow spiritually and gain wisdom during our pilgrimage.  Grace does NOT give us freedom to sin.  I think it is important to stay sensitive to the Spirit.  If we never feel convicted about anything, then the devil must have us where he wants us.
 It hurts me when I realize my sin, but I am thankful when I know of what to repent of. 
As I think about this world and the sin that has crept in little by little throughout the years, and continues to do so, I feel an urgency to stay spiritually awake. 
We must be aware of anything that puts darkness for light, light for darkness, sweet for bitter, bitter for sweet!
We have to discern between the evil called good and the good called evil.  There are false teachers and witnesses seeking their own gain.  
The devil is subtle and crafty.  He doesn't want to expose evil as it is. He wants to desensitize us to accept it in small doses until it rears its ugly head in utter destruction.  If we could see his deceitful plan and see evil at its core, we would be frightened away, to say the least.  However, satan doesn't want us running away.  He isn't going to jump out and say "Boo!" No, he is making light of evil in many forms, and he wants to load up as many as he can on his bandwagon of
acceptance
What bandwagons are we running to jump onto?
lust?
money?
popularity?
entertainment?
false doctrine?
spiritual complacency?
prayerlessness?
selfish pleasures?
worldly acceptance?
STOP!
We need to give it a good look.  We need to ask for spiritual discernment, because satan may be hiding something.  We need to pray.  We need to search scripture. Don't accept something just because everyone else is doing it, and don't be deceived just because something proclaims its "Christian". 
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
 1 Thessalonians 5:21

10 comments:

  1. Chris ~ Thank you for speaking the truth. What you said was very encouraging to me. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear that you were encouraged by this post.
      Thanks for your sweet comment.
      God bless.

      Delete
  2. I have begun to love to read what you write. Because of Original Sin, man is susceptible to sin, deep down, he wants to sin. It is for us to disdain sin, turn away from it, and imitate Christ. We must not follow the godlessness of the world if we want to get to Heaven.

    The world wants women to dress immodestly, the world says we should sleep with members of our same sex, teaches our children that it's all right to explore things that are supposed to be saved until marriage...it is the sins of the flesh that dominate our times. We Christians should be the light in this time of darkness, to show all that the ways of the world are not the ways of Our Lord and repudiate it!

    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am flattered that you are loving what I write! Thanks for such a sweet comment. I feel passionate within my spirit about the topics I write about. When we use God's word to study the things of this world, we can see the truth. Many just don't want to see it.
      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Praise God for this post! You are speaking truth here, dear sister, and God is using you to preach His Word. Keep fulfilling the calling God has placed upon your life and blowing the trumpet in Zion, exposing sin and proclaiming God's burden. May He always keep you strong in Him. Love and appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. Your comment is such a blessing to me.
      Love you!

      Delete
  4. The Truth and only the Truth.... after all, the Lord says He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. What a wonderful post, Chris, and once again you have written it beautifully and in a way that touches many hearts {including mine}. May you continue to be a light for our precious Heavenly Father. Thank you for sharing at ROI. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your rant! I remember back when our children were teenagers, and my daughter said, "But mom, the Pastors kids are going to do this." I said, " YOU are NOT the pastor's kids, and you are mine and I say YOU are NOT going to go there." I agree with you that often we as Christians are too quick to jump on band wagons. Not just Bands, but even the white house is afraid to say the words "Christian" and "Jesus." Thank you for sharing your awesome post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great post, it is great to see someone standing up and talking about the ways we can be deceived when we live in this world. Thank you for bravely doing this. Thank you for sharing this at Good Morning Mondays. May you be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. What a mature and godly perspective, one I am seeking to grow in. I find myself offended by the churches tolerance with the world and a momma to five beautiful children my prayer is to see them live for the Kingdom of God and not this world and I realize it's so much of this world that causes confusion and distractions for our children who we all long see to mature in godliness. But we must help them reject the world's standards and embrace God's perfect ways. I enjoyed reading your blog, you demonstrated maturity and it came across with love. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...