Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Blog Authors Finally Meet

Finally, Chris (So Much At Home) 
 and Cheryl (Homespun Devotions) 
come face-to-face and join together in prayer, Christian love, and faith!
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:19-20
First of all, I thought it was pretty awesome for the authors of two Christian blogs to become so connected and finally get to meet!
What a joyous moment it was meeting Cheryl and the godly young man she is so blessed to call, son.
Cheryl and I met through our blogs.  I guess you could call us kindred spirits.  One thing's for sure, we are both sisters in Christ.  Cheryl is a prayer warrior!  Because of her love, so many prayer requests are posted on her blog. After reading one of my posts about Connie,  Cheryl felt the need to pray with her.  Her family drove several hours to pray for Connie. However,  this was during the first month of Connie's hospital stay, and she was sedated and unaware of any one's presence.  
Cheryl continued praying for Connie during the seven months of her illness, and I continued telling Connie about Cheryl and the other Christian bloggers who were sending up prayers on her behalf.  Needless to say, Connie was excited, as I was, when the opportunity arose for us to meet Cheryl. 
Cheryl was driving several hours our way to pray for someone in the hospital, so we decided to head her way and meet up. 
One of Connie's daughters and my daughter also went with us.  We spent a lovely time saying hello, and we all joined in prayer for Cheryl's loved one in the hospital. 
I can't exactly explain how I felt that day.  Even though I had talked with Cheryl on several occasions, it was not until that day that I didn't feel the long distance between us.  No longer was she my "online" blog friend and prayer partner, she was family. 
It made me think of how the early church must have been with believers going out  sharing the gospel, welcoming each other, sharing testimonies, and praying for others. 
The "church" needs to be the same today!
 I just wish we had more time that day.
I asked Cheryl to write about us meeting so that we could combine our thoughts together into one post.  Here is what she had to say:
Oh, my, I hardly know where to start, because as I recount the events surrounding our meeting, I have to break down and cry. This whole situation of meeting Chris and Connie was one of those special moments that you just really can't put into words, because there just are none to convey the preciousness of it all. When I first found Chris’s blog last year, I was instantly drawn to her and her posts, the things she writes about, and the spirit in which she writes them. As Chris said, we are absolutely kindred spirits and share a lot of the same concerns and values, and I could just sense that right away. When I saw her post about Connie, I cannot really describe the heavy burden that came over me for her. It went straight to my heart, and I just felt the need to really help to intercede for her healing. As I was in prayer one day shortly after learning about her, God spoke to me and told me to go pray for Connie. I had no idea where Connie or Chris lived, and I told the Lord that in prayer. As if I needed to tell Him anything! Later that day, Chris emailed me to tell me that they were moving Connie to another hospital, and she mentioned the city where it was located. My mouth literally dropped open, as I read her words and realized that this could actually happen…that she wasn’t clear across the country, as I had earlier told God she may be. He knew all along where Connie was, and He knew this would be possible, otherwise He would never have asked me to do it. He made me a promise right then and there and told me again to go pray for her. Right away, I felt an urgency to go, and I told my husband and son. They were instantly on board, and we began to make plans to make the drive there that weekend. As Chris said, Connie wasn't aware that we were there, but Connie’s sister was there, and she and I joined in earnest, fervent prayer over Connie, begging God to heal her and spare her life. As time went by, Chris kept me posted about Connie, both through our phone calls and emails, and also the updates on her blog. There were so many times that I questioned whether I had heard God’s voice giving me that promise, because, at times, Connie’s condition was so serious, it didn't seem possible that she would ever be well again. But, all of us clung to faith, and we kept praying, and God, once again, proved just how faithful and true He really is to His Word when He raised Connie up from her sickness and allowed her to go home!! He never breaks a promise He makes to one of His trusting children. As Chris, Connie, and their two girls arrived to meet Zachary and me face-to-face for the first time, I stood there in awe of our awesome God and how He had orchestrated all of this. My heart was completely overwhelmed, and tears forced their way through as I hugged them and felt a fresh, new appreciation and thankfulness to God for His faithfulness. He answers prayer. He does what He says He will do. I feel like Chris and I have known each other our whole, entire lives. She is a true friend and as real and genuine and precious as you have found her to be on her blog, “So Much At Home”. She is right, we didn't have near enough time that day. Schedules were tight, and we had to say good-bye way too soon. I hated to part ways with these dear ones who have worked their way into my heart, but as I watched them walk away, I couldn't help but feel that this parting was not the end, only the beginning of a bigger part of God’s plan for each one of our lives and future. I don't know what He has in store, but, all glory be to God, just look at what He has already done! 
Until we meet again, Cheryl...
Love ya!




     

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful meeting that must have been. I am happy for both of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a very special day. Thanks for your sweet comment.
      God bless.

      Delete
  2. It is precious to meet blogging friends and to pray for those in need. I remember when Connie was sick and reading the posts shared about her. Thanks for the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith. It was a precious moment meeting Cheryl and her son. I would love to meet you too. Some bloggers feel so familiar like a friendship that has always been there. Have a blessed day, friend.

      Delete
  3. What a special blessing to meet together and bond your friendship. Thank you for sharing this blessing with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel. It was a special blessing. There are so many bloggers that I would love to meet with and talk to. You are one of them. Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  4. This is so lovely! Praise the Lord for His working and leading in this : ) Visiting with gratitude from #W2Wwordfilledwednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a lovely day. Thanks for visiting. I hope you visit here often.
      God bless.

      Delete
  5. That's so amazing that y'all could meet! so great! Thanks for sharing your story! I found your post at Coffee and Conversation with Mom's Morning Coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought it was amazing too. It was a special time. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will visit here often. God bless.

      Delete
  6. How beautiful and special that you were able to meet such a precious blogging friend in person! May the Lord continue to bless your sweet friendship :) Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Cheryl is precious. It was such a wonderful day meeting her and her son. Have a blessed day, friend.

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful moment that must have been for you both to meet. Sometimes I wish a huge ocean didn't separate us all as well. Thank you for sharing this wonderful event with us and for including us in your joy. May you all be blessed for sharing at Good Morning Mondays and for your constant desire to bring those suffering to the foot of the cross. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a huge ocean does separate us, Terri. You are another blogger that I would love to meet! Your blog and home look so beautiful. I love Australia. I don't like to travel, especially out of the United States, but I would love to visit Australia. It would be great talking with you, me with my southern accent. Haha!
      God bless you.

      Delete
  8. How fun! I would love to meet my blogging friends IRL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Chris we would have such fun if we ever met, maybe one day but definitely in Heaven and then we can talk all we like. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...