Monday, May 11, 2015

Homeschool Graduation Celebration

May 2, 2015 was one of the most
delightful, lovely, special, and memorable
evening our family has ever enjoyed!
Not only was it my daughter's graduation celebration, it was also a night commemorating the end of our family's homeschool journey.
To God Be The Glory!

Here are a few pictures from that enchanting evening.

 Written on the teal hanging frame was Zech. 9:17 For how great is His goodness, and how great is His beauty! 
We had 5 guest tables set up.  Framed Bible verses and candles were on each table.  Lights were strung through the trees, and teal paper lanterns and peach fans hung from the light strands.

 The chandelier from Lea's Dressing Room gave this beautiful area around the garden pond a Shabby Chic look.
Can you spot the chandelier?

Here are the other two guest tables.  The large TV was set up for Lea's DVD slide show.

Even before dark, the lights were beautiful. However, not one picture captured how beautiful the evening really was. 
I am so blessed to be the mother of these precious two.
~Thank You, Lord!~ 

Lea with her Mawmaw and Aunt Kay. They were both a big help that evening.

 Lea's sisters from Florida came for the celebration!

I was so upset that I didn't get a family picture, but here is one with me.  I was so busy taking pictures and working that I didn't think to include myself or get a picture of our whole family! 

This is my Aunt Patty and Uncle Clark.  Patty worked so hard wrapping candy bars and doing all she could to make Lea's night special!

Here is a picture of my parents with Lea. I was glad that my father was able to make it to Lea's party.  He stayed for just a little while.  Mama stayed and helped me with everything, as usual.

 A special table was set up for Lea's
diploma, Senior picture portfolio, Kindergarten photo, retro print, candy bars, and a photo book from Shutterfly that everyone signed.
Each page of her photo book from Shutterfly contained her Senior pictures and scriptures.
We had so much delicious food including:
a cupcake tower containing 96 cupcakes, French Macarons, a chocolate fountain with strawberries & rice krispy treats, fruit tray, meatballs, pigs in a blanket,  little smokies, several dips, chicken balls, and several sandwiches.





 So many sweet people from our church and community helped to make this a special evening.


 Lea's slideshow was beautiful, sweet, and a little bit of a tear jerker.

This picture was taken during the first dance when Lea  and her daddy danced to My Girl.

We had many lovely songs for the evening.  Most were instrumental.  Here is a YouTube video of the evening and one of my favorite songs that we danced to during the night.

Family and friends danced under a most beautiful night sky.  The moon was full, and God sure blessed us with beautiful weather.
Thank You, Lord.

The evening was full of smiles!

Look who was able to make it!
 Connie and I both have so much to be thankful for. 
 We serve an AWESOME God!

It was such a beautiful night enjoyed by so many!


 Lea's cascade braid AFTER the party.

I used two old doors to decorate the side entrance.  I strung lights and a banner to welcome our guests.  I also used a rope light to mark the walkway.

We were blessed with a beautiful and special evening.  It was an occasion that will always be remembered.  The door to over fifteen years of homeschooling was closed, and now God has opened another one.  May we be mindful of His blessings and faithfully walk with Him.

24 comments:

  1. This was such an AWESOME party. Clark and I really enjoyed it. We are so proud of Lea and the fine young woman she has become. We love ya'll and thanks for including us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all you did! It was a beautiful evening, and I am glad you and Clark enjoyed it.
      Love ya

      Delete
  2. Our home school years ended with our last in 2012. It was a bittersweet moment, as I imagine is what you're experiencing with your daughter. Congratulations for pulling it off and surviving the years of hard work! It looks like y'all had a beautiful celebration. It's nice revisiting you through Inspire Me Monday! Have a tunetastic week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was bittersweet, but we are so proud to be at this stage of our life now. I am surprised at how different it feels only a week afterwards. God has blessed us beyond our expectations, and we are excited about the future. Thanks for your comment. God bless.

      Delete
  3. This is so wonderful. So very thankful you had such a great time! God bless you, sweet friend. Love and appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too, Cheryl. It was such a special night. Like I said, pictures can't do it justice. I hope to begin writing that other post about us meeting as soon as I can. God bless you.

      Delete
  4. Oh Chris, what a beautiful graduation! The decorations are simply lovely and oh so elegant :) Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. It was a beautiful night. The pictures just couldn't capture how beautiful it really was with all the lights and candles. It was a such a sweet night. I received so many compliments from the guests that evening. We all had a great time. The Lord blessed us with a most wonderful evening, and I know He was with us, because His presence was sweetly felt throughout the night.
      God bless.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely celebration to remember Lea's Graduation. The guests are enjoying the party, and Lea was blessed by their attendance. Mom you did a great job home schooling this young lady, and planning her graduation celebration. Thanks for sharing with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel. It was a night none of us are soon to forget. It was truly a blessing from the Lord. He had been so good to us, and we are extremely thankful.
      God bless you.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful party... and congratulations to you and your daughter. What a blessing to have homeschooled her and to come to this point. The decorations are lovely... the tables are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Homeschooling was a blessing, and we are so grateful. It was a lovely evening that I pray will always be a vivid memory. God truly blessed us , and allowed for a very special evening. I give Him all the glory.
      God bless you.

      Delete
  7. Wow it is just beautiful !!! I love all the special touches that you added. It will be a night long remembered by your family and friends. Visiting from Woman to Woman Link Up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! God surely did bless us with a beautiful evening. I especially loved the scriptures that I placed on each table. I wanted to be sure to give God all the glory for all He has done for us.
      Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will visit here often.
      God bless you.

      Delete
  8. Neat to see! Lovely photos. I have my twin granddaughters who will officially graduate next Sunday. It will be fun to see them at the graduation event, but it will be the NEXT Sunday for the family and friends things, b/c they wouldn't be finished until close to 9 PM next Sunday. So, they graduation on May 17th and have the party on the 24th. We're in the same town, so it's definitely on our list of life. Yours is really neat to watch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your granddaughters' graduation! Thanks for your sweet comment. We had a lovely evening. God has been so good to us, and we give Him all the praise. I pray God will bless and lead your granddaughters, and I pray you all will have a wonderful graduation celebration as well.
      God bless.

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful celebration commemorating a lovely homeschool journey. My oldest is just entering grade 3... I would love to do something like this for her. Absolutely wonderful.

    Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful most precious time you all must have had and the photos are a lovely way that we can share in your joy. Thank you so much for sharing this night with us at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a journey it must have been for you and to finally close the chapter... It is hard for me to realize! Thank you for sharing your special day with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your daughter's graduation! So many great ideas. My eldest graduates next year. I think I'll barrow the cupcake tower idea. Your twinkle lights sure made the evening seem magical.

    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful celebration!! We're knew to homeschooling, but if God leads us too, we'll be doing one of these someday- I just hope it's as beautiful as this one! COngrats to you and your beautiful daughter!

    Found this at: Titus 2sday Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many fantastic ideas! Still have two more graduations to party over, so I'm definitely taking notes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful children you have and what a special event! Thanks so much for sharing with #SocialButterflySunday! Blessings, and hope to see you link up again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful evening and celebration. Congratulations on your 15 years of homeschooling. Thanks for sharing #SocialButterfly

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...