Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

I am so honored to be nominated for the
 Sisterhood of the World Blogger's Award
 by my dear friend Cheryl from Homespun Devotions. I am  also humbled and blessed to be nominated along with  amazing Christian Women bloggers such as:

As part of the award nomination, Cheryl has given me a list of questions to answer.
 So here it goes!

1. Tell us a little bit about your blog...its purpose and your vision for it.
My blog, So Much At Home, was created to glorify God. As a wife and mother, I have written several posts about Christian womanhood, being at home, homeschooling, and more.  I am passionate about supporting stay-at-home mothers, as I was one myself up until this past May.  I believe there is no higher calling for a woman than raising her own children and taking care of the home! Although I am not a minister, I do have several sermon like posts that I pray will minister to others.  I never write these type of posts to promote myself or self righteousness because, apart from the grace of God, my righteousness is as filthy rags Isaiah 64:6.  Instead, I write what the Spirit lays on my heart.
2. What are the events that led you to become a Christian?
I was raised in church most of my childhood.  I remember my first walk to the alter was when our preacher preached from Hebrews 9:27...  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. I was probably 12 or 13 at the time. It was not until I had children that I began to realize the importance of striving to living a Godly life. I failed miserably, but God's mercies were new every morning. I went through trials, and I strayed away from my Shepherd a few times, but I am so thankful that I could hear Him calling me...And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. Isaiah 30:21.  My Lord, where would I be without Your forgiveness, long-suffering, and mercy?  I shudder to imagine.  His word is indeed a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Every promise in His word is for me, and for anyone who will place his or her trust in Jesus! 
3. How long have you been serving the Lord?
Well, I wish I could say, "For as long as I can remember.", but I can't.  As Paul, I have felt like the chief of all sinners(1 Tim.1:15) I am so thankful that, through Jesus,
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.1 John 9:15
Because He gave His life for mine, I can only hope and pray that my life will be a service to Him for the rest of my days.
4. Who are the most important people in your life?
God has blessed me with a wonderful family.  I love my husband, and my son and daughter are the sunshine of my life! I have a precious grandson, who has stolen my heart.  I dearly love my parents, my brother, and his family.  I am blessed with friends who are as dear to me as family.  They are ALL "most important" to me. I pray for them daily, and they are all in my thoughts throughout my day.  Family is special to me, but others are important too.  I see many people throughout the day that I pray for. I have a burden to pray for patients that I encounter at work.  Just the other day, I met a young girl in the emergency room who was strung out on drugs, and I just wanted to weep for her.  Every soul should be important to a Christian. 
5. What is the hardest thing you have ever been through or had to face?
I have been through a divorce, lost loved ones, and have seen loved ones suffer, but one of the hardest things I have ever been through is the guilt and anguish of my own past sins. I have looked back and wept as Peter did when he denied the Lord three times.  But, the Lord emphasized His compassion for Peter when the angel of the Lord said, "But go your way, tell His disciples AND PETER..." (Read this post here.) The Lord wants to and will reassure us of His unfailing love and forgiveness.  However, satan wants us to live in anguish, anxiety, and depression.  I believe Sin should be the diagnosis and reason for most all of the mind-altering drugs prescribed now days, but sadly it's not. People just don't realize the deadly effects of sin.  It eats away your joy, your health, and is nothing more that poison! But whom the Son sets free is free indeed!(John 8:36) Hallelujah! 

6. How did your walk with Jesus help you cope during that difficult time?
Simply stated, His promise in Isaiah 26:3 is true!
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. His word heals and restores what satan has taken away.
7. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
 Well, I've been talking about it since question 3, but I wish I lived a life with more holiness.  We have all heard the expression, hindsight is 20/20. I can see now all the things I wish I would have done differently, but God's grace is sufficient for my past, present, and future.  I look back at the opportunity I had raising and homeschooling my kids. I think about the Bible lessons, prayers, and Christian curriculum, but, I always wish I had done more. I have to remind myself that I am the limited one, NOT God!  I pray that God will take the little good that I might have done and multiply it. 
8. Which one passion would you describe as your driving force?
My one driving passion is "making it"! I pray for the salvation of my family and friends.  I want God to give me the passion to help others.  Again, I remind myself of my own limitations, but God is able. 
9. If Jesus Christ were to visit you in human form, what would your reaction be?
Well, my first reaction to this question was the scripture Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.  However, if I could see Him, I would probably be as John...and when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. I have always loved the next few verses...
And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore...Rev. 1:17-18
  I can't imagine what it will be like to be in the presence of Jesus, but my soul burns and rejoices just thinking about it. 
10. What is your biggest dream...what do you long for the most?
My biggest dream is ...
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
And I pray that when I look around at that multitude, I will see my entire family and friends.  

Now I would like to nominate eight other sister bloggers, and I wish I could nominate several more. 
These are in no particular order.


Here is the list of questions for these sister blogger nominees. 

#1.  What is your favorite post, and why?
#2.  What is a favorite post from another blog? Tell us how it ministers or inspires you.
#3. What Biblical person do you identify with or especially like?
#4.  What is one of your favorite scriptures?
#5. Share a praise report from this year.
#6. Do you feel at home in this world? Explain
#7.  List 5 people you would like others to pray for, and their need if it isn't too personal.
#8.  What do you wish you could change in your spiritual walk?
#9.  What do you feel most accomplished about?
#10. Do you think we are living in the last days?

I hope you have fun answering these questions. 
Your blogs have inspired and ministered to me in so many ways.  This nomination is my way of saying thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Chris! Your words brought tears to my eyes! This is just precious. God bless you abundantly, my dear, sweet friend. Love and appreciate you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris , Thank you SO much for nominating King Maker !!! WOW ! I am so blessed to have you as a blogger friend and have received great encouragement from So Much at Home .
    Thanks again ,
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris, I sent you an email and I hope it went through!! If you don't see it, check Spam. For some reason, sometimes I get kicked over there! GRRR...

    GOD BLESS!

    (P.S. From Sharon Sharing God)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your kind nomination! I'm out of town this summer and am not able to blog but I wanted to send a warm hug your way :)

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...