Sunday, August 23, 2015

Around The House~ A Day In Pictures

Today, I added two old doors to my porch, and I am so excited with the results!
 I used a wood door and a screen door.  
I hooked the screen door to the porch rafters and filled the top of the door with lights.  I also wrapped a rafter with burlap and lights.

 This is a nice spot for reading my Bible on a cool morning.


 It sounds very peaceful with the water fountain.



 I used a chalk painter to write on the windows.

 To protect the glass windows during storms, I plan on using a black exercise mat on the back side of the windows.  If I can't find a black one, I will paint one.  I will cut it to fit behind the six windows.  I believe this will add a lot of protection since an exercise mat is at least 1/2 inch thick and it is made from a rubbery material. Besides that, it will look great behind the chalk art.
 I am so ready for cooler weather here in South Georgia! 
Yes, I know it isn't Fall yet, but I'm past ready for it!

 Evening makes it that much more beautiful!





Here are a couple of pictures of the front yard. This is a nice relaxing place to sit.  I love the swing, but you can easily overlook it in this picture.  Every time I swing, Cuddles finds his comfy spot inside the birdbath.  I need to rake and add a few Fall touches to this area.  I will post those updates later. 


Now, on to the 
Chicken Barn!
 I have been enjoying my new flock of chickens!  They have  gotten so healthy in the last few weeks!
Just look at this plump little hen!


I made this video on the day I got my new chicks.
 As you can see, one of my little cream color hen's tail feathers have grown back.
Sweet little hen sitting on a nest full.  I can't wait to see the new chicks! 
Waiting for another hen to start sitting this nest any day now. 

Ahhhh, how I love the simple life.
Enjoy this video that I made using a few pictures from around the house.

Well, that's a day in pictures. I hope you enjoyed them.
As usual, our cross is on.  I hope it will be a blessing to someone riding by tonight.
I thank the Lord for all His blessings.  We never know what tomorrow will hold, but life is worth the living because
HE lives

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Chris! What a fun and wonderful post! I LOVED seeing all of your beautiful décor! And the video was just perfect! Fall is my favorite season, and I am SO excited that it is coming soon, too. :) God is so good. Thank you for sharing....this was just a real pleasure to watch and read. Love you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! perhaps you'd like to share at Oh My Heartsie Girls Wordless Wednesday. The link goes live anytime... love to have you! www.ohmyheartsiegirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello~I came to visit you from my dear Stephanie's party, and I'm so happy I did! What a beautiful place you have here and I am happy to be following you now.
    My...You have done some gorgeous work! Lovely, just lovely.
    I must come back and visit longer.
    Bless you, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely spot to have some quiet time. Thank you for visiting The Maple Hill Hop with your outdoor post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beautiful porch is a peaceful place where you can enjoy that cup of coffee, study your Bible, catch up on e-mail and FaceBook, and play a game of checkers. Your yard and the cross is awesome. Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful in every way re: the house pieces, and then especially with the chickens. I'm still smiling!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh your porch!! What a beautiful outside retreat!

    http://www.homeofohm.com/2015/08/random-pics-from-my-bc-vacation.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful porch and yard! Thank you for sharing and thank you for linking up with the OMHGWW and sharing!! Hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The porch looks fantastic, great use of the doors, it looks great at night also. I love the cross idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning, sweet Chris! My, what a sweet and charming porch! I would want to spend all day out there {{smiles}} It's always a joy to have you at Roses of Inspiration - thanks for joining the party. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the look of your porch Chris, the door (I wouldn't ever have thought of this) looks fantastic. The lights just add a great ambiance as well. It looks so inviting both in daylight and dark. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this post together and then to share it with us at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely beautiful post!!

    Your creativity is truly a gift!! I love how cozy the space looks.

    I think God created us to be simple creatures to enjoy His simple pleasures and to know a Gospel in all it's perfect simplicity. Jesus died so that we might be free!

    Blessed to have stopped by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl that looks so inviting! You're gonna love it!
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...