Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A Fuller House Review

Saw a little of Fuller House the other day……..
AWFUL! 
*Warning!  This review is based on actual scenes from the show, and details may be disturbing.*
First of all, you might be asking why I even watched any of this show if it was so bad.
First of all, according to all the talk about the show,
I thought it was suppose to be a great show with “good” characters.  Although I had my doubts, it was not as obviously "bad" as other shows.  For instance, I didn't have to watch any of The Walking Dead to know that it was an evil show. That was very obvious!
 However, it didn't take long for my doubts about Fuller House to turn into reality. Just during the first episode, I was in shock.
  I didn't care to watch and follow the show's plot any further, but I did want to know more about the show so I could tell others about it.  
 I browsed through a few episodes and what did I see?
 Boobs!
 Skimpy dressing!
 Drinking (Seems they love tequila.)!
 Clubbing!
 Tons of sexual innuendos!
 DJ, Kimmy, Becky, and Stephanie get drunk at a bachelorette party and come home with men’s(stripper) underwear.
 While acting drunk,Candace Cameron Bure says, “Awww we should drink all the time.”
 Skimming through another episode, the girls are in a night club, dressed skimpy, drinking tequila shots, and dancing sexually with two men they met at the night club.
Well, that was enough!
 More than enough!
Just from randomly skimming through about three episodes, I had all the facts I needed to write a review of this so called "wholesome" family show!
 Yes, you do see some family love and support,
 but that’s not the point!
  After researching other Christian reviews of the show, I found out that there is also a reference to DJ and Kimmy as being “lovely lesbians”.
 I found out that there are also plenty of sexual undertones in Fuller House, including a masturbation joke involving Stephanie and her volcano-making nephew that will likely go over kids’ heads, but was still inappropriate.  I hate being so descriptive with the information that I have uncovered about this show, but I want people to know the truth. We need to know how to answer those who defend this movie, especially fellow Christians.  What do we say when they ask, "What's so bad about it?"?
Back to my review.
  In another scene, Uncle Jesse asks his wife Rebecca (Lori Loughlin) if she’s exhausted from what they did last night. He also makes a joke about semen.
 Then there was the "Becky Special"!  Becky had promised Jessie, her husband, the "Becky Special". Later he replies to her by asking, "You're not going to make me give myself the Becky Special are you?"
 What's more, references to gay and lesbian behavior made it's perverted way into the show as well.
 Kimmy planted a big kiss on Stephanie.
 There is also an "accidental" kiss between two guys.
There are also numerous jokes about drugs.
Wake up “Christians” this is not a good show according to what the Bible tells us to set our minds on!
 Nothing pure or wholesome about this show!
  No Netflix in this house!
Why no Netflix?
I say no Netflix because, although there are a few good shows on Netflix, there are also hundreds of terrible shows.
 Netflix membership is very inexpensive.
  It costs between $7.99 to $11.99, so it seems like a great option being able to pick and choose the shows you want to see without commercials.
 However, I am not giving our family's $9.99 to help Netflix (and Satan) keep streaming shows such as Fuller House and others like
 The Walking Dead. (Click on link to read post.)
  Besides that, the movies and shows that are suggested by Netflix can be appalling, and you can't help seeing their suggestions. 
I will gladly stick to watching
 wholesome dvd and vhs movies.
Image result for road to avonlea
Image result for Little House Caroline prayingImage result for anne of green gablesImage result for road to avonleaImage result for little women movie

22 comments:

  1. Wow, I was wondering about that show! They were toting it as a Christ honoring one because the main actress is supposed to be a believer. This is so disappointing! But once again, I am not too surprised... How many series we had to stop watching because some even start out innocent and eventually when you are into it, they begin to corrupt it... We must be vigilant and I appreciate this review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was surprised too. I don't have cable or satellite television, so it's hard to keep up with the main actress, but I had heard that she was a Christian. It is disappointing!
      Thanks for your comment. I appreciate your support. Surprisingly, many will read this and still argue that it is not a bad show.
      God bless.

      Delete
    2. I also don't have cable or satellite either but subscribe to a Christian Movie review via email. This is where I learned of the show and the actress and this is why it is so disheartening!

      Delete
  2. I had wondered about this show too, since growing up I loved Full House. I'm glad to have read this so I don't have to even watch another show that disappoints me. It doesn't surprise me though, there is rarely decent shows on TV anymore, which is why we gave up cable 6 years ago and haven't looked back since. It saddens me to think that this is the type of programing most people enjoy and don't think twice at all the sexual innuendoes. I pray daily for what our world has become. Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that this post is reaching people in a positive way. Although I briefly tuned in to the show, there was so much to speak out about. Then after more researching, I was flabbergasted! It was not easy writing this review. Some sentences I thought about deleting, but I'm wanting to get the message across plain and clear. Nicole, thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate your positive view on the matter and for your prayers.
      God bless.

      Delete
  3. That was an interesting post. My husband wanted to watch the pilot so I saw parts of it as I walked in and out of the room. I did notice Jodi Sweetin was overexposed but I did not see the part of Candace Cameron Bure acting drunk. That is surprising. When I first heard she was to play a single mother, I said I bet she would be widowed because as a married Christian I thought she wouldn't choose to play a divorced character, and I was right about that, so I'm surprised to hear this other stuff. I appreciate your review because watching TV can really numb you to the inappropriateness of some things. There were parts I didn't even notice until you mentioned them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is surprising. I saw several disturbing scenes while skimming through a few episodes, and I was even more shocked when I looked up other christian reviews. This show was not Christ honoring in any way. Thanks for your comment. God bless.

      Delete
  4. ok, thankyou! I am so disappointed with this show! So many Christian bloggers (women living well, clare smith, karen ehman, etc) were raving about this show because Candace Bure is a Christian. There was so much hype among the Christian circles for this show then first episode BOOBS. Second episode SEXUAL DANCING, DRINKING, CURSING. Everything you said is right on. This is not a Christian show just because a Christian is compromising and being a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know of a lot of Christians who were anticipating that this was going to be a good show. What's worse is that some still do think it's a good show. Compromise and complacency leads to destruction. This show is opposite of wholesome. I am glad to be getting positive feedback from this post. It is uplifting to know that others are spiritually discerning the sinfulness of this show. God bless.

      Delete
  5. We don't watch TV, and the only way I knew about this show was because I overheard some ladies in a public place talking about how excited they were that it was starting. This is exactly the reason we don't have cable TV. We only watch movies that we can purchase and know before we buy that they are good and wholesome. Thank you for this honest review. There is hardly a show anymore without sexual innuendos, even for children to watch, it is just so sad. Give me good ole Andy Griffith, Little House on the Prairie and such that were made in a time where good manners were still in existence, and where humor was really funny, and not potty mouth!

    Thanks again for the honest review! Have a blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Purchasing clean family shows is the only way to go. I did try Netflix for a brief time, but like I said, I am not giving the devil $9.99 of our family's money. Netflix is a mixture of good and horrible shows, and the Bible tells us that the two cannot mix!
      Thanks for your comment.
      God bless.

      Delete
  6. It is a blessing to know I am not alone in my assessment of the show. I use to love watching Full House so I was excited to tune in Friday night after an exhausting week and relax with the new series spin-off on Netflix. Jesse's innuendos (albeit to his "wife" but none-the less uncomfortable) and Stephanie's risque evening-ware made me want to vomit. I hoped episode 2 would be better but instead proved to get worse. As if the tequila shots weren't enough and glorifying the idea of drinking away problems, I had to turn it off when DJ and Kimmy started the Dirty Dancing routine. It wasn't worth the time to keep watching and, according to another Christian friend of mine who kept watching, hoping it would improve: it did not.

    Candace Cameron has been in some touching Christian movies since her Full House days and with brother Kirk at the forefront of movements including the Living Waters Ministry and Ray Comfort... I was positively shocked she would play the roll she did in Fuller House.

    Thank you for writing such a bold review and helping spread awareness that, yes, as Christians we are called to cast our minds on more Godly things and Fuller House, regardless of who is in the lead, is not one of those things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comments and thoughts on this show. It seems that there are many out there with an IDEA of what Christianity is and a FEW correct judgements between right and wrong. However, they don't seem to be grounded in the truth and rooted in the Word of God. It reminds me of Matthew 13:22 "He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful." We need add Candace and the other actors to our daily prayer list. Just because a person confesses to be a Christian, doesn't mean they KNOW God. I am not judging her as to condemn her, but I am judging the fruits produced. Being spiritual, we are to judge all things 1Cor. 2:15. The Bible clearly teaches against the lifestyle portrayed in this show, and we are also instructed not to set our minds on such.
      Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Have a blessed week.

      Delete
  7. I'm soooo glad that you stopped by my page and made your comment. Until you put part of your post in my comments section, I honestly didn't see the show the way you did. However, you brought up many wonderful points. Like someone mentioned above, after watching TV I have become immune to many of the things you pointed out. I wasn't allowing my kids to watch Fuller House, but I couldn't pin point why until your comment. I guess my subconscious was telling me not to let them watch it.

    I prefer Feeln.com over Netflix too, but I signed a contract to promote Netflix until almost the end of October. That's one of the reasons I try to promote the good movies I do find on it. (Which I did suggest one at the end of my Fuller House review.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal for your comment. I am glad that you had a positive reaction to the comment I posted on your post. I was wanting to get the truth spoken without sounding rude. Thank God, it went over well. I am so glad that you have realized the many things wrong with this show. It is easy to get complacent and immune. Little by little so much evil and sin has crept into entertainment that people are now desensitized. I pray that more eyes will be opened. I am so grateful for your comment. Thanks for coming and sharing your thoughts with me. I hope you will visit and enjoy more of my posts and bible studies.
      God bless.

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels thus way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. These comments have been real refreshing!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for being so honest in your review. I hate that you had to skim through other episodes to be thorough, but I understand. I couldn't bring myself to go any farther than the first episode.

    I've been attacked and belittled for my stand against Fuller House, but I will not change my stand. Proud of you for standing strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I have been overwhelmed with the positive response to this post. Keep standing strong!
      God bless.

      Delete
  10. I don't like that they are promoting this as a Christian, or even a family show. I have watched the first season, but I will definitely not let my children watch it because of the many true examples you gave in your post. Full House was such a clean cut show when we were kids and I don't understand why they had to add all the vulgarities to Fuller House. Thanks for sharing your honest post with #SocialButterflySunday! Hope to see you link up again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had heard the show was boring, but I did not realize how highly inappropriate. Thanks for the warning. I'll pass!

    ReplyDelete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...